New to post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to post

Hi, I am new to this site and just wanted to say hey. I fly fish from the yak, Hobie Pro Angler, both fresh and saltwater.

Thanks for joining....where do you usually go fly fishing?
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Anywhere, but I am near Fort Smallwood park and I can launch your kayak there for perch and small stripers and blues. I do a lot of rivers both yak and walking fly fishing. Planning on expanding my yak fishing since I upgraded to the Pro Angler a month ago. Works great in even choppy salt water.

Comment

How do you typically fly fish for blues or stripers? what kind of flies and that kind of stuff. I have a nice White River Fly set up but have only ever used it in freshwater lakes and streams.

Comment

For breaking blues and stripers, with birds around, I use an intermediate sinking line on an 8wt rod with normally a clouser pattern. Around jetties and docks, depending on size of fish expected and depth a 6wt with sinking line or floating and sometime same setup as above. Going deeper use 9wt with 350 grain sinking line to get deeper with patterns like clouser, deceiver, half & half, etc.

Comment

hey on the fly. there is a good article in the new fisherman mag. on spin-fly fishing, spinning reels/rods using saltwater shrimp and minnow patterns. i think i might try that, i know i would be a tangled mess with a fly rod in my kayak. i'm located not far from you, off magothy bridge rd.

Comment

welcome to the site!

fly fishing one thing i have never done, but really hope to try it out
              sigpic

Comment

Surfdog, you can fly fish just a new learning curve, no big deal. If you want to try let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                  Surfdog, you can fly fish just a new learning curve, no big deal. If you want to try let me know.
                  another fly guy - welcome! i'm new here as well

Comment

thanks, i fish a lot with Damselfish from tidal fish, she's into the fly/salt experience. CHSP is a perfect place fly cast for many different species, going to head over there in 2 weeks to try my luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X