planning to buy a new baitcasting rod and reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planning to buy a new baitcasting rod and reel

i am wanting to buy a new rod and reel baitcaster. and i need some on what to buy.. Anyone got any ideas for me? im looking to spend a decent amount because i fish all the time. Thanks!

what do you fish for? and what do you throw?
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

My Shmimano Curado has been servicing me flawlessly for at least 10 years. Best, most reliable reel I have ever bought.

You mileage may vary.

I have always been partial to the Cabelas XML series rods. Excellent value, especially if you can get them on sale.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I have a couple of the Lews Speed Spool reels that work flawlessly, 10 bearings and reels real smooth, cast a mile, and has a great drag system. They are $99.00...couple that with a 7' MH microguide BPS Bionic Blade rod which you can pick up for $79.00 and you have really strong system that can handle just about any type of freshwater gamefish. It's tough to beat that combo for the price IMHO, but if price is no object..... Good luck and tight lines.
        John

Cuda 12
        F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Daiwa lexas are champagne for me so far got the 100 and 300 in lh and love them
          Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

I've got a couple Bass Pro Carbonlite/Pro-qualifier combos and it's a great set up for the price. Rod is light and responsive and the Pro Qualifier is a good reel with a solid reputation. My other baitcasting rod is a 13 Fishing 7' 3" MH and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend there stuff. Light, balanced, with great finishes. I compared it to Abus and St Croixs in the same price range and it just flat out felt like a better rod. My next rod will be a Med/Fast finesse spinning rig and I'm going with a 13 rod.

Comment

My favorite bait cast combo is a Shimano Curado on a 7 foot St. Croix rod with medium action. I cast 1/2 oz. to 3/4 oz. lures with it. The rod and reel are for freshwater but the combo works well in the Bay for stripers. I spray it with fresh water after each trip.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I have a couple of the Lews Speed Spool reels that work flawlessly, 10 bearings and reels real smooth, cast a mile, and has a great drag system. They are $99.00...couple that with a 7' MH microguide BPS Bionic Blade rod which you can pick up for $79.00 and you have really strong system that can handle just about any type of freshwater gamefish. It's tough to beat that combo for the price IMHO, but if price is no object..... Good luck and tight lines.
                Last edited by melissa728; 02-15-2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X