Florida Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Fishing

I managed to get in a few days of fishing in Florida. The weather was ok. For the entire week and half while I was down there it rained a few days and was cloudy most of the time with a hint of sunshine. The sun was trying to get out. The temperature was anywhere from 55-85 degrees. The fish seem to bite better when the temperature was on the warmer end.

I caught a variety of fish on my traveling rod (Emmrod). Worked really well.

20140203_163427.jpg Bass.jpg
    Large Mouth Bass behind my Aunt's House

20140204_111406.jpg
    Jack
    20140204_115620.jpg
    Multiple Rays

20140204_174600.jpg
    Sunset
    20140206_124829.jpg
    Flounder
    20140206_173137.jpg
    Flounder, Pompano and Spanish Mackerel

20140207_195051.jpg
    Pompano Buster

The first time I had Pompano. It is a very delicate and delicious fish. Among one of the more tasty fish to have in my opinion.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Way to go Goody! It looks like you did pretty well. That rod looks funny but it looks like it performed very nicely. Now you have to come back to wonderful winter weather.
    2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

That dish looks delicious! Nice variety of species there
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Awesome Bro! Pompano looks like a tasty fish indeed and that dish is mouth watering!

What did you catch the Pompano and Macks on?

I hope you packed some warm weather in your suitcase to bring back here...
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Good report Paul. I hope to add a pompano to my life list in the next year or two.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I'll bet that Ray was a hoot to reel in on that travel rod, We have to get together this spring !

Comment

Very nice! I can't wait to get back to Florida in a few weeks...
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Paul,

You did very well!

Congrats on a nice break from our winter weather.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Congrats Paul, I know it was a bitter sweet trip for you. I promised myself I would retire in Maryland because of the Chesapeake, but that is an impressive spread. If I see that rod on your kayak...I might start calling you Shawty!
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                    Awesome Bro! Pompano looks like a tasty fish indeed and that dish is mouth watering!

What did you catch the Pompano and Macks on?

I hope you packed some warm weather in your suitcase to bring back here...
                    They where caught on live shrimp.

I tried to bring some warmth up, but I see it didn't work. Dang IT!

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                      Very nice! I can't wait to get back to Florida in a few weeks...
                      Have fun down there. I hope you have nice weather.

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
                        I'll bet that Ray was a hoot to reel in on that travel rod, We have to get together this spring !
                        I ended up catching 3 rays. The first time I hooked one, I couldn't figure out what the heck was on the line. The rod brought them in with no problems. It was awesome. You should have seen the folks around me. They were all puzzled and didn't know what to make of the rod. A lot people would come up and ask me about it. One person even hung out next to me to wait and see it in action. LOL. I gave away all 3 rays. People wanted them to eat. I finally asked one person I gave it away to, how did he cook it. He told me, he cooked it in hot and sour soup. Interesting. PM me when you want to go out and we'll catch up.
                        Last edited by Goody; 02-10-2014, 07:42 AM.

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                          That dish looks delicious! Nice variety of species there
                          The recipe is from food network. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...er-recipe.html.

Outback 2015
                          Maui

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                            Good report Paul. I hope to add a pompano to my life list in the next year or two.
                            Good luck on the pompano hunt. They put up a good fight on light tackle.

Outback 2015
                            Maui

Comment

Originally posted by toyomo View Post
                              Way to go Goody! It looks like you did pretty well. That rod looks funny but it looks like it performed very nicely. Now you have to come back to wonderful winter weather.
                              I think I got in enough fishing to hold me over for about a week or two before I get the fishing twitch, but then again I'm a fishing addict. Might just have to go out in this winter weather.

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Working...
                              X