The Upper Potomac ice out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Upper Potomac ice out.

I put this on Facebook the other day. Our local County Commissioner recorded this video at Williamsport park River Bottom Thursday.

Then the river level dropped and left all the boat ramps flat out covered in ice chunks
    Taylors Landing Ice

Taylors Landing Ice 2
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Very cool! Mother Nature had her "scouring pad" out. It will be interesting to see if this has an effect on the summer grass in the river.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

My personal opinion. Year with less rain fall, equals low clear water, the grass grows like crazy. Years with lots of rain and high cloudy water we don't have much grass up here.

Back when hunting with the jon boat the rock guard on some of them low water years just collected salad on it and had to clean it every 50 yards.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
        My personal opinion. Year with less rain fall, equals low clear water, the grass grows like crazy. Years with lots of rain and high cloudy water we don't have much grass up here.
        That has been my experience as well. I typically wet wade the Potomac and the grass always seems thicker when the water has been running lowe for the summer.

Comment

Cool video. Tough to yak in that mess.
          Hurricane Skimmer 128
          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

How am i expected to drill a hole in the ice with it moving like that? :-) jk
            Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Pause the video and you can't tell where the river is....
              2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
              Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
              X