Firewood for HOW events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewood for HOW events

I have an outdoor fire pit at my house and had last summer I had 5 large (+75 foot) pine trees cut down in my back yard. It's all split and stacked... But there's no way I can use all this wood. It's still a little green, but once you get it going it burns fine (hot and fast since its pine).

If you need any wood for HOW trips its yours for the taking. Just let me know.

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
    I have an outdoor fire pit at my house and had last summer I had 5 large (+75 foot) pine trees cut down in my back yard. It's all split and stacked... But there's no way I can use all this wood. It's still a little green, but once you get it going it burns fine (hot and fast since its pine).

If you need any wood for HOW trips its yours for the taking. Just let me know.
    Thank you for the generous offer but HOW events tend to be one day things with the exception of the Jamboree which is a big camp-out weekend. Most of the vets that do participate show up the day of & tend not to camp, but I will keep your offer in mind. We can use and gladly accept all the help we can get. :-)

Our 2014 Schedule will be posted so please consider becoming a voluteer to kayak, fish & assist one of our vets at an event. Its extremely rewarding and a good time.

Regards

Wayne
    Heroes On the Water
    Maryland Chapter Secretary
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

I helped a little with Tom. I'm active duty Army and up till last year was on an assignment that was very time intensive and didn't have a lot of time to fish (averaged 70 to 90 hour workweeks at an AIT detachment).

I did do the jamboree last year... Got soaked in the rain and skunked on the water. (Firewood was nice then)

But I'm in school now, so I have a lot more free time. At least until I graduate in August and then I'm up for PCS. Assuming there's no conflict with school (its finals week) Tom asked, if I would be interested in helping out at Bass Pro for the display event in May, which I would like to do.

I know the events are generally set already. But if you want an idea for a spontaneous event... There's good croaker/white perch fishing to be had on the Severn in the summer and there's easy access at Jonas Green State Park or the Naval Academy. Easy fishing, easy access, facilities at both locations and low pressure. I did really good there last year.

A longer drive, but also the same tempo/access/facilities but the added bonus of no current to deal with is Cunningham Falls State Park after they stock trout (they have a Febuary stocking once ice-out happens).

Comment

Working...
      X