Winter tales and significant others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter tales and significant others

So it's cold and I'm not hard core enough to go out on the water.
    I got over knocking ice out of my guides and cold water fishing after falling into Morgan Run trout fishing 35 years ago.

So I thought I'd start a thread ….How about Humous adventures taking your significant other fishing?

My favorite:
    I was fishing from my canoe with my now former GF on the Potomac up river from the Brunswick Ramp.
    Returning towards the ramp, there is a little side channel on the Maryland side about 1/4 of a mile above the bridge, that bypasses the current under the Route 17 bridge, and leads you directly to the ramp. The current moves at a pretty good clip thru here.
    We are cutting down thru this channel when I see a tree branch, about 1" in diameter, head high, directly in front of us, across the stream.
    I yell for the GF to duck, but she tries to grab at the branch, which promptly knocks her ass over teakettle into the bottom of the canoe. She lets go of the branch which smacks me right in the face.
    I'm cussing a blue streak, and she starts to cry.
    "Why didn't you put the brakes on"? she asked.
    "Brakes! On a canoe!" What brakes?"

This is also the same woman who wondered what would happen if it started to rain when we had the canoe on top of the car.
    "Wouldn't it fill up with water?"
    Not if you tie it on upside down.

This seems like a pretty dangerous topic/thread. If I told stories about my wife and she found out, well let's just say that I would be in the doghouse for a long time. And it's hard to catch fish in there. Participate at your own risk...

Comment

One of many reasons that I am single……...

Comment

Well, I dont have any tales of fishing w my wife that i can share here but i have a good fishing annecdote...several years ago I was bass fishing just below the Wilson Bridge (where the new National Harbour is...that cove was my honey hole) when a fairly large cabin cruiser came into the cove...Everyone, i mean everyone on board was buck naked...they appeared to be in their late 30's to early 50's, all of them fairly fit & o.k. to be nude :-) ...there were several couples on board. Well a young man on a jet ski saw the activity & started circling the yacht, when one of the gentleman shouted "can i take a spin?" to which the young man replied "what do i get"...the reply from the boat "what do you want"...jet skier "HER"...the young man was invited to pull up to the swim platform, the older dude got on the jetski, the youngman got on the yacht, quickly had a drink in his hand & joined the party...to this day i remeber the boats name...DECK HANDS out of Alexandria...when ever Im in the area i keep an eye out for it. :-)
        Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
          This is also the same woman who wondered what would happen if it started to rain when we had the canoe on top of the car.
          "Wouldn't it fill up with water?"
          Not if you tie it on upside down.
          That reminded me about when I was tying down my kayak on the car (upside down) and my mother-in-law came out to watch. Then she says "aren't you worried about the rain on your kayak tonight?" I just let that one hang for a few seconds, then said "really, you're kidding me...right??" Good thing my wife DOES NOT take after her mother.

Comment

Originally posted by wfauby View Post
            ...to this day i remember the boats name...DECK HANDS out of Alexandria...when ever Im in the area i keep an eye out for it. :-)
            I think we'll all be keeping an eye out for it now ! Good story!
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X