Guy capsizes twice in PA12. Sudden bad storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy capsizes twice in PA12. Sudden bad storm

This is how fast things can go bad in an instance. Glad he and the others made it back to the shore safely. Camera was rolling the whole time.
    http://youtu.be/NKSnRKLJpq0
    Take a minute to read the description about the incident. He explains it in detail.

I rolled mine and unfortunately I had on bib waders. Fortunately I was at the boat docking area My boat was full of water from leaving one of the plugs out. The worse of it all is not falling in the water with full bib waders but I could not lift myself out of the water to even get back in the boat because of the weight of the water in my waders. I had to swim my boat back to the ramp. I think that the PA12 is a hard boat to reenter. I will practice reentry techniques this summer.

Comment

its a must to practice re entry My friend enter there pa from the back seemed pretty easy compared to me going on the side of my Malibu. were you wearing a wader belt I have tested mine with a wader belt and only hade minimum leakage
      D Hawk
      Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
      Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Originally posted by dhawk View Post
        its a must to practice re entry My friend enter there pa from the back seemed pretty easy compared to me going on the side of my Malibu. were you wearing a wader belt I have tested mine with a wader belt and only hade minimum leakage
        Yes I was wearing a wader belt but with the submersion and the waves and swimming allowed more water in. I was so fortunate that was able to make it in from the bay bridge to the boat docking area were I finally flipped. If I had flipped out at the bridge I would of had to cut my waders to attempt to get into a water logged boat. trust me, lessoned learned and after watching this video makes me realize how unprepared I am.

Comment

wow, I'll need to practice this sometime. I was reading about the need to practice this in warm and cold water just to make sure you're prepared. Maybe at the next meet and greet. :-)
          PigPen - Mt Airy
          Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Working...
          X