Looking for good public ponds and lakes close to Baltimore city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for good public ponds and lakes close to Baltimore city

Alright guys I want to teach my son how to do some bass fishing starting from the shoreline. Are there any great public ponds and lakes close to Baltimore that are worthy of making a note for early spring when I get him out? Thanks

How close to baltimore are we talking? Theres alot of great ponds and lakes in columbia, some off the side of rt 100, a few along dorsey rd in glen burnie. If you look on google maps, along patapsco river theres tons of flood ponds filled with bass, although the community around the area isnt always the best..
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
      How close to baltimore are we talking? Theres alot of great ponds and lakes in columbia, some off the side of rt 100, a few along dorsey rd in glen burnie. If you look on google maps, along patapsco river theres tons of flood ponds filled with bass, although the community around the area isnt always the best..
      I live in Baltimore city a few blocks from M&T bank stadium. I wouldn't mind a 30-45 minute trip but the areas u mention are relatively close. Do you have a favorite pond or 2 mentioned?

Comment

7716–7744 Kidwell Ct
        Severn‎ Maryland‎ 21076
        United States

This pond is pretty productive, just have to park in the visitor section. image.jpg This pond is also really productive, caught a few pushing 3lbs in here. Most of the time because i can get my boat or kayak in cenntenial lake i just go there. Thats a great lake to catch an unlimited amount of 11-15" bass allday. All the small ponds off dorsey normaly produce fish, nothing to crazy big but good area to pond hop if your into that, you can see most ponds from the road. And there are a few in the buisness parks that also hold fish. 4" finesse worms wacky or weedless work great.
        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

A nice area is Lake Roland, just north of the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
            7716–7744 Kidwell Ct
            Severn‎ Maryland‎ 21076
            United States

This pond is pretty productive, just have to park in the visitor section. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10640[/ATTACH] This pond is also really productive, caught a few pushing 3lbs in here. Most of the time because i can get my boat or kayak in cenntenial lake i just go there. Thats a great lake to catch an unlimited amount of 11-15" bass allday. All the small ponds off dorsey normaly produce fish, nothing to crazy big but good area to pond hop if your into that, you can see most ponds from the road. And there are a few in the buisness parks that also hold fish. 4" finesse worms wacky or weedless work great.
            Thanks for the great info friend

Comment

Anytime, if you ever plan to fish these areas in the morning hours hit me up ill come out and fish
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              X