Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Anna Stripers at Dike 3 (Jan 04, 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Anna Stripers at Dike 3 (Jan 04, 2014)

It was a must-have-gloves day.
    I made a short fishing trip after work. I thought I could fish at least 4.5 hours. But I underestimated the traffic on 95 in the afternoon. And also I couldn't open the center hatch immediately because the hatch was stuck frozen. All my lures and jigs were inside the hatch. I prepared everything and put the kayak on the roof of the vehicle the day before when it was snowing. I carried a can of de-ice in the vehicle. So I used de-ice to free the hatch. Come to think of it, I could just pour the warm Lake Anna water. So I learned something new.

I caught 7 stripers at 16-18" for 3 hours. The water temp at Dike 3 was 49-52F. I think the water will become colder and fishing will get better later on

Fishing log:
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 01-05-2014, 05:44 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

well done! looks like you have a well thought out approach for successfully targeting those stripers
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Very nice! It looks like those jigs were using 3/0 hooks, correct?
      Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Nice work.. I'm still trying to find the time to get down there in the near future. Can't do it this weekend, but hopefully in the next couple after that.. I'm sure things have cooled off a bit more at this point..
        2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

does Lake Anna stay ice free in weather like this due to the nuclear plant?
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Last year i fished the hot side in december, water was 75 degrees, further down the dikes it got down to 50.
            Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
            -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
            -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
            X