Whew ...... busy day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whew ...... busy day

Helped my daughter move today then went car shopping and bought a car ....... got a great deal on a 2007 Camry Hybrid with every option ..... leather heated seats, premium sound and navigation .......... traded the SUV .... didn't need a SUV and a truck. With $4-5/gal gas coming I needed something more economical ........ figured I'll save over 2k/yr in gas alone .........

Now I'm officially a Geezer .......

Gas will be $5.00 this summer so you will be glad for that hybrid
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

bah... dodge 2500 hemi... 11-17 mpg 8 if i slam off every green light. gonna be riding my bicycle a lot this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Japanesezero View Post
        bah... dodge 2500 hemi... 11-17 mpg 8 if i slam off every green light. gonna be riding my bicycle a lot this year!

I have a F-150 too ........ the SUV got 15 mpg and the PU 13 mpg ....... the Camry Hybrid should get @ 35 MPG so the gas savings should almost make the payments ........ was going to put a bunch down but the credit union gave me 3.25% so it would be stupid not to finance it all .......... payments on both vehicles is less than the SUV and the trailer @ CBBT ...... life is good ...... even with the possible furlough ........

Comment

if gas goes to $ 5 dpg its going to curtail a lot of long range fishing trips got to get a smart car like mtymouse i guess the severn, south and patapsco river will get worked more this summer

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
            if gas goes to $ 5 dpg its going to curtail a lot of long range fishing trips got to get a smart car like mtymouse i guess the severn, south and patapsco river will get worked more this summer
            Not for me ........ I'm planning on it ......... that's why I got the truck and I'm looking for a trailer ........ w/the trailer I can take 4 people and yaks and gear to anywhere with a very comfortable ride ....... w/o the trailer I can take 2 of us .......... planning on learning the CBBT barrier Iskands this year as well as fishing w/you guys ......... want to do some Delaware too ...... gas savings from this car will pay for a bunch of trips especially if a couple of guys go with me and split the gas ........

Comment

let me know when you want to open the trailer and i'll help you, the barrier isles are very flounder friendly.

Comment

Sounds like a cool fishing excusion. Let us know, I am sure there are enough of us here that would like to take the trip with you and split the gas/tolls. Keep us posted.

Comment

Sure hope so ......... last time I offered there were no takers .......

Comment

Memory Maker, Surfdog, and Moc on a trailered road trip! I can certainly hang with this group! Count me in..

GB

Comment

Whoa there partner ........... don't have a trailer yet ......... but it is on the wish list and hope to get one by the end of summer ........ till then it's just the back of the pu truck

Comment

Sounds like we need to get a boat moving party going...
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          Sounds like we need to get a boat moving party going...
                          Michael ........ that would be great ......... have to check if the other trailer first and find a place to move my covered trailer while I transfer the former reservoir rig to the new trailer ......... oh .... and how to register a trailer w/o a title ......... but I'm working on it ...... Anybody got room for me to store a 6 x 9 covered trailer for a couple of weeks ........... or a 16 ft bass boat w/25 hp that you can use for free?
                          Last edited by Memory Maker; 03-01-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

dont worry too much about a trailer, if you want to go and open your camper for the season let me know i can still lift my yak to the top of my truck

Comment

Yep ........ will soon .......... fishing begins down there in April ........ got another guy in VB that has a PA too wants to go too ........ Trailer can sleep up to 9 but only 4 comfortable ......... 5 if a cute blonde female wants to share the master bedroom ........

REALLY want to move the boat to another trailer, sell it and make the trailer w/the broken axel into a yak trailer ........ but I have to find some place to store a closed trailer until I can transfer the boat to another trailer and sell it and fix the yak trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X