New Boat came early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boat came early

So my Trident 13 wasn't supposed to arrive until Thursday. It showed up at my place of part time business today! I wasnt going to deliver my old yak until Thursday morning. Basement looks like REI. I dont have anything to start adding to the boat yet. AT fishstix paddle will be here next week. Ordered my fish finder from Cabelas today, ordered a water seal for the fish finder cables from Hook 1 (for small items they have a $2 shipping option!) so now I sit and stare at my tan beauty... man its a hard thing to do!

Initial thoughts on the Mod Pod. Seems like it seals nicely... almost a vacuum sound when you take it off. The rod holder doesnt lock in like scotty mounts with a keyed portion. It just presses in. This makes changing angles a little tougher because you pull the entire rod holder out almost every time. The seat it came with will do. It seems more comfy than the one i had on the malibu.
    Last edited by Japanesezero; 02-22-2011, 09:01 PM.

An image... crappy black berry phone...

Comment

Congrats on the new ride!! Looks good
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Congrats on your new boat. I have a Trident 13 Angler too. The seat is fair, but not good enough for long hours of sitting so I bought me the STS Elite. Much better.

I have the old rod pod cover. Looks like the new one you have is cool. Maybe one day I'll get the new one.

Since I go out a few miles into the Bay, I rigged an electric motor to give me more distance. It also gives me steady trolling speeds.

Get ready for Spring fishing, and have fun rigging your yak!
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

LOOKS GREAT !!!! ...... congrats ......

Comment

Congratz... Your gonna love that Kayak.

I tried mounting a scotty rod holder on the rod pod. It fits tight but like you said you have to pull it out to adjust it. If you want to access the rod pod you have to remove the rod from the holder. etc...

I agree on the seat issue. My bum gets numb after several hours. I think I'm gonna try a cheap gel pad before spending the money on a better seat.

You dog looks like its ready for the maiden voyage. I love Labs

Comment

Welcome to the trident fleet!!!! Great boats and let me know if you need any help!
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                Welcome to the trident fleet!!!! Great boats and let me know if you need any help!
                Thanks for the offer. Do you have a picture on how you set up your fish finder and where you routed the cables? Also looking at your gallery is that a brand name yak attack or did you construct something?

Comment

Congrats on the new boat, she's a beauty. Where's the seat for the Lab?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
                    Congrats on the new boat, she's a beauty. Where's the seat for the Lab?
                    That lab loves the kayak... my other one (not pictured) is a total spaz... in a good way shes always hunting, so if there are ducks, shes ready for me to shoot and sometimes decides to take matters into her own hands and jumps for them.

Comment

congrats on the new boat!
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I mounted my depthfinder to the back wall of my sonar shield. I can take pictures for you later today. I recommend some sort of quick disconnect in the cord too - http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...nnector/Detail

It helps when you need to throw your kayak on top so your battery isn't sliding around in there. It also makes it easy to bring inside and charge so that you forget it on your next trip.

That was a home-made job on the light stick. I got some solas tape and pvc and attached a $10 dollar dive light. It worked well all season then started to crap out on me towards the end of the season when I was fishing more at night. I need to spend some time with it before going back out at night this year or hopefully I'll be getting a visipole for my birthday! For $15 or thereabouts in parts you can't beat it though.

Welcome to the fleet, there are a lot of trident owners on this site, don't let the hobie guys get to you.

Comment

I mounted my depthfinder to the back wall of my sonar shield. I can take pictures for you later today. I recommend some sort of quick disconnect in the cord too - http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...nnector/Detail

It helps when you need to throw your kayak on top so your battery isn't sliding around in there. It also makes it easy to bring inside and charge so that you forget it on your next trip.

That was a home-made job on the light stick. I got some solas tape and pvc and attached a $10 dollar dive light. It worked well all season then started to crap out on me towards the end of the season when I was fishing more at night. I need to spend some time with it before going back out at night this year or hopefully I'll be getting a visipole for my birthday! For $15 or thereabouts in parts you can't beat it though.

Welcome to the fleet, there are a lot of trident owners on this site, don't let the hobie guys get to you.
                          Yeah a picture of your layout would be helpful. I have a quick disconnect already for my battery. I saw a picture of someone who used one of those cheapo harbor freight flashlights and a ping pong ball glued to it stuck in a piece of pvc. I might have to give that a shot.

As for Hobie owners, they dont get to me... half of the fun of kayak fishing is paddling around and getting a great workout. I do see the utility in peddles but would rather be a man...

Comment

Here's a thread with a general idea of my set up, crate has changed a little but not a major upgrade.

http://snaggedline.com/boatyard/showthread.php?t=249

Comment

Here's a thread with a general idea of my set up, crate has changed a little but not a major upgrade.

http://snaggedline.com/boatyard/showthread.php?t=249
                              Oh nice you were fishing with Jack and Robbie up there. I wanted to go but had a 3 month old at home and would have lost my family over a fishing trip. I can't go this year either as I'll be in a fire recruit academy. Your setup looks good I think I'll have something similar when its all said and done.

Comment

Working...
                              X