Janes Isl. report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes Isl. report

got to JISP around 5:30am, not familiar with the area we just launched and when to the right and started fishing. went about 3 miles to some crab pots in 10-12"of water . drifted large shrimp with heads on i picked up from a Asian market, on a wildeye 1/2oz jighead. had a lot of short hits then wham, 1 large enough to eat the shrimp was on nice fight even better it was 17", caught larger flounder this year but weren't keepers. then the croakers started, 4" croakers and some smaller that were thrown back. saw 1 poor croaker about 15-16" flopping around when i got next to it i saw that it was bitten in half, clean bit must have been a large blue. threw some metal around but it must have been full after that meal started back around 1pm, the wind had picked up and current was against us got sore shoulders and arms after that paddle, seemed we were not making any head way,took about an hour to go 1.5 miles.

great job. i've been dying to catch a keeper flounder. my next bay outing i think i will focus on flounder, instead of spening 30 minutes at the end of the trip. defintely want to try janes isle

anyone interested in this state park, check out

http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/publicla...nesisland.html
    sigpic

Comment

awesome...thanks for the report!
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

its about 2 hours from SPSP south of Salisbury. nice park with large camping area and ample boat ramp. 7 bucks to use the ramp yah 1st keeper this year but i was targeting them with shrimp on a wildeye 1/2 oz jig head, missed a lot with short hits. we went about 3-4 miles out and still didn't get around the island.

Comment

NICE report... Articulated nicely... Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X