After Thanksgiving tog trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Thanksgiving tog trip.

Driving up after Thanksgiving for three days. Have had pretty good luck fishing off the rails atIRI. Short stripers,some niece tog,a few 4 pound blues and a flounder .From mid Oct to present.Just bought niece pare of chest waiters going to try the yak at chsp on the rock wall.Saw this recipe using hot oiled poured over a pre pouched fish to crisp it up and give a different taste tried it outside of course it is awesome .Any way loading up on green crab and hitting the wall for Tog Still biting well and they taste great with this recipe.See you guys out there!

I may be done yak fishing for the year, BUT, if the wx is decent this weekend, I may pull out the yak for CHSP. I'm a little leery about tog activity though. Water temp will likely be in the 40's, which is not exactly great for tog.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Good call on water temp.I was hoping warm water from bay would be creating a warming affect .And they would be stacked on the wall like pancakes.two weeks ago the bite was still strong at IRI.I am new to the area and every new place I find to drop the kayak in has current issues.Like slack tide behind coast guard station .Small window but when the bite is on the short striper bite is a blast on lite tackle on the yak.Its getting cold and I guess I'm already getting cabin fever. 50 ish air temps and no wind I will be out there some where!

Comment

Working...
      X