First Northern Pike Triadelphia 11/3/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Northern Pike Triadelphia 11/3/13

It had been a slow, cold, windy day up to this point. Then, this toothy critter showed up to make my day. First Northern Pike ever!!! 31 inches w/large sharp teeth.

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg
    John D.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    GO RAVENS!!!
    GO ORIOLES!!!

Wow! I didn't know they were in Triadelphia. What did he hit on? A spinner?

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Nice looking pike. I don't think there are many in there but they do show up from time to time. And yeah, what did the pike hit?... and were you intentionally fishing for pike?
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Goody-I know that they were stocking Northern Pike in the the early 2000's...Don't know if they still do. Caught it on a small shallow running squarebill crankbait, bottom depth ~5ft, 10ft from the bank. Got a hawg trough this past week since the measuring board that I had at the time was only 24". Held it up to my baitcast rod and measured when I got home.

HJS-It was total luck , but I'll take it. Just throwing a squarebill crankbait at laydowns hoping for anything, really. Caught only two small LM up to that point, and had just turned around to head back to the ramp into the howling winds.
        John D.
        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
        GO RAVENS!!!
        GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Awesome fish! Don't the winds howl there! Always a great paddling workout.

Someone told me that a 25" pike was caught there recently, so there are definitely a few in there.
          Laura (aka zeebyrd)
          Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Laura-It was cold and howling NW that day. I was parked at the Triadelphia Lake Rd Ramp and had a long paddle back. Needless to say, the adrenaline pump from catching that big pike made the paddle A LOT easier!!
            John D.
            2015 Hobie Revolution 13
            GO RAVENS!!!
            GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

That is simply awesome! Triadelphia holds many secrets and you just never quite know what you might catch there. Pike are on the short list of species that I know are in there that I have yet to encounter. I know one guy that catches lots of pike on summer mornings trolling crankbaits. The other folks who I've talked to seem to encounter pike early in the spring or late in the fall when the water is cool.

Comment

Nice job . That's a good one. I've gotten a couple over the years there. Always early or late i season, and always shallow like yours. Mine were always smaller than that one.
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Nice fish!
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That's a nice pike! Congrats!

From what I have read online they have not stocked Pike in Tridelphia since 2002 so there must be some natural reproduction going on keeping them going. This is the right time of the year for the Pike to be up shallower and feeding as they will seek the cooler water in the depths during summertime. Tridelphia used to hold the state record for Northern Pike (now it is a 24 pounder from Deep Creek Lake).

If you have a picture showing the total length of that Pike you would have the new record in the Boatyard All Time Snaggedline Record Board:

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...sh-Leaderboard
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Dave-I'd love to get on the record board...but, I only had a 24" measuring board at the time which wasn't long enough, so, I couldn't get a live photo measurement. Held it up to one of my rods and measured when I got home. Ordered a Hawg Trough that night!
                      John D.
                      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                      GO RAVENS!!!
                      GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Awesome! Nice Job!
                        2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                        X