CHSP - Nov 9 (Sat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP - Nov 9 (Sat)

I just found that I can fish tomorrow (I have to work on Sun)
    I am heading for CHSP for tog and striper(if I have time). I am trying to be there around 8am

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Hey Joe, couple of us are going tomorrow so I guess we'll see you there.

Comment

Dang!
      Low tide is 6:34 AM. I gotta be there by 5:00am to fish the inner wall from 06:30-8:00am. and wait for the high tide after 1pm. I will bring some lures for stripers during the strong current

Sa 9 High 12:43 AM 4.0 6:37 AM Rise 12:12 PM 34
      9 Low 6:34 AM 0.2 4:52 PM Set 11:18 PM
      9 High 1:10 PM 4.9
      9 Low 7:29 PM 0.1

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

I am 50/50 right now i might make it out.

Meadeo
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
          I am 50/50 right now i might make it out.

Meadeo
          I hope I see you there. BTW, I will fish your hole

Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,

It was nice to finally meet you. I'm sure I'll see you again at CHSP.
            I lost rigs and a couple of fish at the boat. I had a lot of bait stolen but I managed to get two on the boat. One keeper and one short.
            Togs caught using green crab.

<MIKE>
            Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
            Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Wow! that 21 incher is beautiful. Nice catch!
              Sun Fishin'

Comment

Sorry for the late response.
                Anyway, three other members (Va Kayakers) excluding me limited out early in the morning.
                Tog were big. The mean size was 18-20". I ended up one tog bite and one keeper at 16.5" when I came back to the inner wall. I got the time wrong. Somehow, I forgot yesterday that I didn't change my watch and the clock on the truck. I found that When I came back home. My wife said that the warm hearty meal wasn't ready because I was home too early. Dang I need to wear reading glass when checking the GPS on the truck. I can't read small letters such as arrival time on the GPS map without the reading glasses.

I thought I arrived at CHSP early by one hour early, but actually two hours, and thought none was coming. Nothing happened at the inner wall for two hours. We boaters and me, all left the inner wall (from our forum tog spot) for the outer wall.

The water at the outer wall was as murky as the inner wall. No spear-fishing opportunity.

Nothing happened at the outer wall, except large toad fish. I caught a large eel again. I checked entire bay side of the outer wall with the boaters. No keeper tog bites! There were only two boats on the ocean side of the outer wall while at least 30 boats on the bay side of the outer wall.

I only explored about 10-20 % of the outer wall this year. So I need to explore more.
                I asked multiple boaters regarding Late December and January tog fishing. None (whom I asked) fished that time. So I am going to fish in winter to figure out.

Bottom Line: CHSP is a good place for togging in Nov. No reason to go to the outer wall for now.

joe

Comment

Nice job on the keepers, guys.

Joe, I think the big keepers are on the other 80% of the wall.

Also, did you ask those VA yakers the "secret" for limiting out on togs?
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

The secret is easy:
                    1st RULE: You do not talk about the tog bite.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about tog bite.

3rd RULE: If someone says "outer wall", goes limp, or taps out the tog are at the inner wall.

4th RULE: Only two kayaks to a bite.

5th RULE: One bite at a time.

6th RULE: No reports, no locations.

7th RULE: Bites will go on as long as they where good yesterday.

8th RULE: If this is your first bite at tog CLUB, you HAVE to fish.
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Tufnik,

Secret:
                      • The same place our forum members fish first when we go CHSP
                      • Slack tide - especially from low to high. This is true at Kipto
                      • live green crab produced for two weeks. However all bait will work
                      • In the area where small rocks on the bottom, A 1/2oz jig worked well. Michael is good at liter tackle togging. He can catch in 15' of water where huge rocks on the bottom.
                        Tog fishermen at CBBT (like me) will have hard time on this method. The water is shallow and wider area to work with in the spot. The 1/2oz jig method won't work around the outer wall I think. It is deeper and rocks on the bottom are huge at the Outer Wall. Though I saw Michael and Pinch caught tog in 15+ water around the inner wall. Next time I will bring bunch of 1/2 oz jig with 2/0-3/0 hooks. I will use 30# test mono line and a 1/2 oz jig. I may bring 3/4oz jig. Or use 1/2-1oz sinker on the typical tog rig
                      • don't go to the Outer Wall unless you have 4 tog on your kayak

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                        Tufnik,

Secret:
                        • The same place our forum members fish first when we go CHSP
                        • Slack tide - especially from low to high. This is true at Kipto
                        • live green crab produced for two weeks. However all bait will work
                        • In the area where small rocks on the bottom, A 1/2oz jig worked well. Michael is good at liter tackle togging. He can catch in 15' of water where huge rocks on the bottom.
                          Tog fishermen at CBBT (like me) will have hard time on this method. The water is shallow and wider area to work with in the spot. The 1/2oz jig method won't work around the outer wall I think. It is deeper and rocks on the bottom are huge at the Outer Wall. Though I saw Michael and Pinch caught tog in 15+ water around the inner wall. Next time I will bring bunch of 1/2 oz jig with 2/0-3/0 hooks. I will use 30# test mono line and a 1/2 oz jig. I may bring 3/4oz jig. Or use 1/2-1oz sinker on the typical tog rig
                        • don't go to the Outer Wall unless you have 4 tog on your kayak

Joe
                        The jig method is absolutely fantastic. I have seen it work and have had it work when conventional methods failed. This method also allows an angler to cover more ground. It is also fun to land a 20''+ tog on a medium carrot stick rod with a 1/2 oz jig (talk about a fight)
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Pinch,
                          The water (inner and outer walls) has been very muddy or murky since August. I kept going to the outer wall but visibility was less than 2'. A few times the inner wall water was clearer (4' visibility) than that of the outer wall. I may try Kipto on a weekday when there are less kayakers. I have been carrying the spear fishing gears inside bow hatch but absolutely there has been no spearfishing opportunity at CHSP.

joe
                          Last edited by ComeOnFish; 11-11-2013, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Have you thought about diving the Huron? Less than a 1/4 off the beach in NC. I figure the VIS would be good since and im wondering if there are tog on it. I know it holds big triggers and spades in the summer.

http://www.archaeology.ncdcr.gov/nca...ater/huron.htm
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Ok, you guys convinced me to try this jig method. Someone described the technique before, but I don't remember who or on what thread.
                              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                              X