February Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Fish

Sorry for the late report. What can I say... work sux!

Did a walk-on trip with Capt. Walleye Pete this past Sunday. Hooked up with Redfish12 (Michael), Moc (Martin) & Longislandtomd (Jason). Capt. Pete is fishing the warm water discharge at Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant (CCNPP).

Lemme tell ya, the fish are stacked up in there right now! Check the pic of his fish finder. We caught fish on every drift and had 20+ each in 4 hours of LTG'ing with BKD's. Each of us got at least one over 30". Captain Pete is a terrific guide and a whole lotta fun to fish with. If you have a chance give him a call and... GO!!!!!

http://www.fourseasonsguideservice.com/
    Attached Files

Great report and way to get the year started . Looks like a nice day as well

Comment

Holy cows. Those are February fish to be proud of. Well done, gents.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

The day was great. It was suppose to be real windy, but the SW winds were blocked my the western shore, so the water was calm. There was only a strong and fast drift. However, to catch 80+ fish in four hours is a blast. Way to go Captain Walley Pete!

Comment

Great looking fish! I would be happy with that sort of day any time, let alone in the middle of February!

Comment

Nice catch. Why is no one talking about taking the yaks out to Calvert Cliffs? Is there no launch close by?
            Digital Livewell

Comment

We talk about yaks at the Cliffs, but could not find a suitable launch site. All the areas we checked on was private property.

Comment

Plus the rips could get pretty hairy on a kayak. A boat capsized there last week and fortunately another angler was out there and was able to save them.

I would love to go back but we talked about it and I think it would be really tough. We idled around looking for fish and the drifts were really long. I think you'd have a hard time finding fish/staying on them. I guess you could always just try to stay in the slack next to the rips and cast into them. Seemed like they hold fish but lots of snags. I would be afraid of snagging up and getting pulled into the current too.

I'm sure you could do it and I know fish will hold there as long as the water is cold, so it's possible, but it would be tough.

It was definitely a lot of fun on the boat and great fishing with you guys! I blew the quadruple hook up streak a couple times, but I think I picked it up towards the end.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

nice pics and thanks for the report
                  sigpic

Comment

There is a post on tidal fish by JoshKaptur, i believe he fished the rips a few years ago wearing a dry suit. He was comfortable doing it, but based on what I saw, it wouldnt be something I would want to attempt.
                    Jason

Comment

Wow great report. That was def a good day on the water. Lots of pull-age.

Comment

Working...
                      X