Little Seneca Lake over the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Seneca Lake over the weekend

The lake "turned over" about a week ago so the water was significantly clearer. Surface water temperature was 58 to 60 degrees. The hydrilla is pretty much all dead. The bass were up shallow, very close to shore and around laydowns, beaver huts and any submerged brush I could find. Could not find any really big fish but hooked seven.

All were caught on a bass jig (either 1/4 or 3/8 ounce Arkie head with a beaver soft plastic trailer). With a strong breeze out the NW there may have been a better (and easier) presentation to use but I have found that I catch most of my 19" plus over there on jigs (or plastic worms when the water is warmer) so I stick to trophy hunting when I fish Little Seneca.

Great time of the year to be out there. Everybody must be hunting or watching football. Had most of lake to myself with just a couple of bass boats in sight during the entire day.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Great job Dave. You need to show me your jig fishing secrets. I think that will be a technique I work on in 2014.

Comment

Nice Job Dave!

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
      Great time of the year to be out there. Everybody must be hunting or watching football. Had most of lake to myself with just a couple of bass boats in sight during the entire day.
      I think you're right because Sat. I was on the Potomac and I only saw one fishermen on a boat all day.
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
        Great job Dave. You need to show me your jig fishing secrets. I think that will be a technique I work on in 2014.
        You will have to wait for my book to be published.
        Actually I know the perfect place on the Tidal Potomac (late spring) where the bass will eat a jig like candy (cast - count to two - set the hook).

Originally posted by Berto View Post
        Nice Job Dave! I think you're right because Sat. I was on the Potomac and I only saw one fishermen on a boat all day.
        It might be with that *&^*ing wind out of the NW that those out fishing were part of the "lunatic fringe".
        Dave

Comment

Nice fish. The jigs definitely work well there. Never tried the Ugly Otter, Beaver lure there.
          Hurricane Skimmer 128
          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
            Nice fish. The jigs definitely work well there. Never tried the Ugly Otter, Beaver lure there.
            When the water is warmer I generally go with a trailer with more action (like the flappy arms on a Paca Craw) but as the water cools I go with less flap, more of a straight glide to the bottom.
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
              Tom,

Dave is the right person to show you how to fish with jig Becuase of Dave showing me some how to fish with them. I've caught some really nice LM! Thanks again Dave!

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
              It might be with that *&^*ing wind out of the NW that those out fishing were part of the "lunatic fringe".
              HA!
              2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
              X