CHSP Tog on Nov 2, 2013 - Whew! We all caught keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP Tog on Nov 2, 2013 - Whew! We all caught keepers

We launched at around 09:00am. It was slow until the tide changed.
    Anyway, all baits worked. But I noticed that during the last two trips, live green crab produced many keeper tog.
    We all got keepers eventually. The biggest ones were 21" and 20 inches caught at the inner wall. KG caught 5 keepers. Minh caught an eel, will place the eel on he leader board

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 11-03-2013, 07:46 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Looks like a fun tog trip. I like those twenty inchers. Now I can't decide on whether to go to CBBT or CHSP next weekend. Thanks for vid!

Minh
    I think your eel competes with Dave's, even though both of you didn't have the whole eel on rulers...lol...
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Some PICs:
      PB020043DanielTog20inch_zps2a97c73d.jpg
      PB020040ChhayaTog21inch_zpsb045944d.jpg
      PB020026ChrisTog04_zpsace4b225.jpg

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        Looks like a fun tog trip. I like those twenty inchers. Now I can't decide on whether to go to CBBT or CHSP next weekend. Thanks for vid!

Minh
        I think your eel competes with Dave's, even though both of you didn't have the whole eel on rulers...lol...
        Oh I did get him measured haha. Made him into an eel curry if you will very tasty fish. However you have to cook it as the blood is poisonous!IMG_0319.jpg
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Nice I guess you got him for the leader board.

How does cooking them remove the poison?

Comment

No idea I guess the heat denatures it. I ate it a few hours ago so I guess i'm fine. A lot of people have eaten it including Gordon Ramsay so I guess its not as serious as one would assume. Definitely shouldn't be eater raw though.
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

It was a great day! I enjoyed fishing with everyone. It took us all day to finally land some keepers. Persistence sure did pay off. Thanks for the vid and pics, Joe.
              Hobie Outback
              WS Tarpon
              IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

PM me so I can send you the pics. I don't know the user ID

joe

Comment

Great day being out there with everyone. Felt good to not have 20 mph winds keeping us of the water. Haha.

Just as a note. I was using shrimp, stone crabs, White leggers, and green crab. I caught maybe about 15-20 white leggers (Jonah Crabs), 7 stone crabs, and 1 green crab in about 1 hour or so off the pier. The 20" hit the white legger. Might be an option for you guys to save some money if you have a little bit of extra time.

I just use some frozen croaker that I caught earlier in the year, but really any fish is awesome bait to catch these crabs. You just use the cheap nylon double ring crab traps.
                  The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Dson05,
                    I will send the pic to you

joe

Comment

Was a good day gentleman!

Joe thanks for the great video and photos.

Meadeo
                      2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
                        Was a good day gentleman!

Joe thanks for the great video and photos.

Meadeo
                        I was very glad to see your new pickup truck with two kayaks in the morning after I passed Bay Bridge. Fishing with 7 other kayakers from the forum was fun. I am wondering if there will be few more kayak-able days like the last Sat from now on. For Kayakers for togging, CHSP will be the place. CHSP will be consistent, not like CBBT and Kipto. There are two walls, and will be fish-able at least one side of the Inner Wall.

BTW, thanks for finding the nice tog hole at the outer wall. That's a good, nice sized hole.

A pic sent.

Joe

Comment

Glad you guys got on the fish! Nice work! Joe, I think you accomplished what you set out to do, congrats

Comment

Nice fish guys! Are you looking to fish CHSP this weekend. I might fish OC Saturday and CHSP Sunday...
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Shady,
                              I may be able to fish CHSP. But I don't know the day yet
                              joe

Comment

Working...
                              X