11/01/13 Still Skunk Free at Triadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/01/13 Still Skunk Free at Triadelphia

Last edited by DanMarino; 11-01-2013, 05:02 PM.

Nice going Tom! I really like that tandem roadrunner rig in the second pic. Is Triadelphia a good spot for winter crappie?
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Is that last one a spotted bass? Didn't know we had them in MD?
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice job Tom! That largemouth looks like she has been stuffing herself getting ready for the winter!

I think that last bass is a largemouth. The mouth looks like it makes it to the back of the eye (largemouth) but the coloration of the lateral line does make it look like some spotted bass I have seen.
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice Job Tom!
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

The 16 inch largemouth was fat. I saw multiple bass attacking schools of shad at the surface. The crappie and 16 incher came from a branch arm of the lake in an area about 7 feet deep that still had green aquatic vegetation growing. Water temp was 60 degrees. The smaller fish looked like a largemouth to me. It came from a rocky point in an area where I had caught a few smallies in the past. It was also in about 7 feet of water. I like the tandem rig a lot. Good results for trolling a crappie rig.

Comment

Sparky,
              I catch crappie and white perch pretty much every trip I make at Triadelphia. Often there are large schools of crappie in the branch arms of the reservoir. I enjoy catching them and I've had a few large crappies over the years attack spinner baits or x-raps. Most of the crappies that I run into are around 8 or 9 inches long with occasional fish over 10 inches. It is pretty fun finding a school of crappies and then trolling through them numerous times. It is pretty much guaranteed that you'll catch one or two every pass. I don't think Triadelphia is good for winter crappie fishing. The reservoir closes in the winter an opens back up in the spring.

Comment

Working...
              X