Black hill park Montgomery county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black hill park Montgomery county

Hello ive been fishing this lake for a decade but now i have kayak im not limited to the beach and the pier. I was wondering where the deep end is located. I went to the bridge with no luck. I was trying for Largemouth and crappie with no success. i think the crappie and bass were always suspended in the deep end but in 10-12 feet of water.

Going from the dam... make a line under the bridge.. as a "T"... the small creeks/bonds to the sides of the bridge go deep. If you search I think you will find some maps to the topography of the lake. Under the bridge and near that area is deep as is the route to the dam. I really don't know that area very well... I did visit a number of times back in March.. but the remnants of salt water in my blood called me to the Chesapeake...
    I've just have to have salt across the bow and in my face.........

Comment

I was there yesterday for the first time, the water between the 121 bridge and the dam i saw about 60ft. Past the 121 bridge in the opposite direction there is about 20-30' of water with lots of standing timber, i was able to pick a few bass off the trees in 15' or less of water. Im sure a shiner under a float plugging around those trees you will find a good pod of crappie&bass.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I fish Little Seneca Lake all the time. Jaspratt is correct on the depths. There is a lot of deep water in that lake. Lots of water deeper than 30 feet everywhere except for the headwater areas. It's the one lake I have fished where you can be 30 feet off the bank and in 30 feet of water. Currently the thermocline is down around 30 feet deep so you do not want to fish deeper than that. Water 10 to 20 feet deep is generally where the better largemouths are found.

This time of year look for cover items like laydown trees and beaver huts and fish in and around those spots. You may want to invest in a fish finder. Even an inexpensive unit can be quite valuable for fishing Little Seneca Lake. I pretty much exclusively fish for bass but I do see dense schools of crappie stacked up in certain spots.

Good luck!
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Turtle135, if you ever go down there any time soon let me kno i fished it first time with the club, and with the given conditions i only got 2 fish over 12" the rest undersized a guest with an electric rig had about 14lbs.. So id like to learn the water better. That lake seems its built better like other large lakes and you would have better chances of catching more bigger fish
          Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
          -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
          -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Most fish are on timber. Normally 10-20' deep. Occasionally you can get them less than 10' , but those are generally on timber, big laydowns also. Stay out of the really deep water. Below thermocline is waste of time. This is definitely a lake that a fish finder can make a difference.
            Hurricane Skimmer 128
            WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Was out on Little Seneca Lake yesterday. It looks like the lake partially "turned over" with the cold weather from Friday night (and the wind on Saturday). Main lake had that odd off color look it gets from the fall turn-over. Caught a couple around laydowns by pitching a jig into the branches but it was slow fishing. Hopefully after things settle over there the bass will be up shallow for a couple of weeks until cold weather pushes them off the shoreline.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
              X