Last furloughed fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last furloughed fish?

I went to Tridelphia Reservoir today. I decided I was going to sleep late as I knew the shutdown would be ending soon, so freshwater fishing it was.

I caught two large mouth bass - and lost one monster LMB that decided to go under my yak and get off my line. That monster did things to my fishing rod that I haven't seen very often! I spent a lot of time just paddling around as I wanted to enjoy the peacefulness of the day.

The sun tried to peek out a few times, but never made it. But that didn't affect the fishing.

I used a green sticko worm (soft plastic) for a while, switched over to something else, then switched over to a green chigger craw (soft plastic), which I think you can see in one of the photos. The chigger craw seems to be my go to lure at Tridelphia. The last time I used it at Tridelphia, I caught a 22" LMB.

DSCN0675.jpgDSCN0695.jpgDSCN0698.jpg

Laura
    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
    Lowrance Elite 4
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Looks very peaceful, you took full advantage of the furlough!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice going Laura.

I am sorry to report that the conditions on the bay yesterday afternoon were vastly better than when you and I were there on Tues. My brother and I caught fish constantly for two hours at the bridge spot where we started (it was as calm as a farm pond yesterday, with a gentle drift). You hit a windy day and the fish had lockjaw. I'm glad you found some fish in the reservoir.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Laura,

Good job.

You and the Tarpon are obviously getting along well.

Mark
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great job. I'll be hitting Triadelphia sometime this weekend.

Comment

Nice job on the greenies! How deep were the bass you were catching?
            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

On behalf of taxpayers everywhere, I'm really glad you made good use of your forced paid vacation.

Congrats!
              Hurricane Skimmer 128
              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
                Nice job on the greenies! How deep were the bass you were catching?
                I didn't have my fish finder with me on this trip. I wish I could tell you the depth. I caught them along the rocky shoreline that is across, slightly down to the left of the Greenbridge launch.

These past few days were more of learning the feel of this kayak since the Nucanoe Frontier was so much different. So, I left the fish finder home to concentrate solely on the yak.

I like to leave the fish finder home every so often anyway. I like to test myself to see if I know where the fish are just based on physical features of the body of water. It's actually more fun that way sometimes, especially when I catch fish based on where I think the fish should be.
                Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
                  On behalf of taxpayers everywhere, I'm really glad you made good use of your forced paid vacation.

Congrats!
                  Well, when the employer tells you that you can't work, it's time to make best use of the time. First week I cleaned my yard of old lumber and other stuff. Second week it rained a lot, so I got bored and went out and bought the new yak. Earlier this week, knowing that the furlough should be ending soon, I had to get in as much fishing as possible - especially with the new yak!

I'm right there with you on paying taxes. If you think about it, as I'm paying taxes, I'm paying part of my salary.
                  Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

Into the rocky shoreline areas looking for crayfish and other food, that gives me a good starting place. I may fish Rocky Gorge over the weekend.

I do the same thing sometimes (leave the fish finder at home) to get more in tune with fish and wildlife activity. Making a habit of counting down how long it takes for a jig to hit the bottom, focusing on the retrieve and not spending all day with my eyes glued to a LCD.
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I am sorry to report that the conditions on the bay yesterday afternoon were vastly better than when you and I were there on Tues. My brother and I caught fish constantly for two hours at the bridge spot where we started (it was as calm as a farm pond yesterday, with a gentle drift). You hit a windy day and the fish had lockjaw. I'm glad you found some fish in the reservoir.
                      Last edited by melissa728; 02-15-2014, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X