I think I have Gone over the deep end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I have Gone over the deep end

I ordered some materials from the web and Came up with this last night.

Its a Jock Strap....

I Mean its a Head band.

And what in the world would i need this strange head band for?

Lets see...

Snap That here..

Push this thing into that...

And Bingo. Now i will look like a head wound victim while paddling about.

That should leave a nice contrasting White band on my forehead to go along with my raccoon sun glass burns i get every spring.

hey double duty, sweat band and camera mount. add some ear muffs to it and its cold weather gear

Comment

This post made my day. Nothing like wearing a "jock strap" on your head to support your camera.

Yeah, you need to hit the Occoquan.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Oh man. Definitely should a sweat band under that too for when it's 1000 degrees outside and you're paddling through st jeromes...

I need to get my kayak out of the shed, it's been in there since December, starting to eat at me!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Winter sucks!

Comment

You should find a way to rig the cup so you can have a facemask. If you're gonna do it, do it all the way! lol
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

HA HA HA,deep end, try a garter belt have some fun,

Comment

hahaha i was just gonna post the first pic and wait for the replies.

Disclaimer: No actual jock straps were harmed in the above experiment.

Here is the reason for the above atrocity. I have the POV camera and no good way to mount it. It came with a ski goggle and helmet mounting bracket. Seeing i did not have a helmet and wanted to avoid kayaking around with Ski goggles i decided to order some 2" Elastic strap from the web. I doubled it up and stitched it into a head band.

Now i think the ski goggles would have been a better looking choice

Maybe i need to add a chin strap

With the looks aside it works great. The doubled up band hold the weight of the camera and waterproof housing with out issue. I can fit it over a hat as well and it is actually not that uncomfortable. I wanted to dye it black but i fear it might leave a nice stain on my head if i sweat.

I will put it thru some tests this weekend and see if i can stand it on my head for more than 10 mins.
                Last edited by mmanolis2001; 02-10-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

How about one of those neoprene sun visors. You could probably cut it and put an adjustment clasp in the back or just sew it. It may look better than a jock strap. That reminds me of the sitcom, where the senile older lady used to wear her underwear on the outside of her closes.

Hang on, it will be 55 degrees this weekend. You can make it.

Comment

Visor!
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

That's pretty funny. I'm wondering if you couldn't just take a baseball cap and cut a small slit in the fabric just above the built in headband that runs around the inside of the cap? Almost looks like you could tuck the bottom of that mount under the edge of the cap and then push the top of the mount through the slit cut in the hat?
                      Digital Livewell

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                        You should find a way to rig the cup so you can have a facemask. If you're gonna do it, do it all the way! lol

You could draw a smile on the cup part of the jock. Of course then someone may think you are Michael Myers.
                        Last edited by DOGFISH; 02-10-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          Visor!
                          Yup, visor. The ones that they sell at boat stores. They stretch, one sized fits all.

Comment

I like the hat idea. I think i can cut 2 slits in the side of the cap and run the band thru to place the mount on the outside of the cap. the rest of the band can then be secured into the liner of the cap.

Brilliant

Now to find a cap to try this on.

Comment

Now the question is... Is the camera angle so wide that the bill of the hat will become a permanent fixture in your shots?
                              Digital Livewell

Comment

Working...
                              X