Centennial Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centennial Lake

Well, for someone who has been on furlough, I failed the 5 am alarm clock test. I slept right through it. I woke up 3 hours later.

So, since my morning started so late, I decided to take the new Tarpon 120 to Centennial Lake. First of all, the new yak is a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be. The lighter paddle was a whole lot different too.

Anyway I caught a number of large mouth bass. Here are some pics of a few of them, plus one of a "mis-fire" of the camera. There should have been more fish pics, but as you can see the camera wasn't operating as it should - misfiring. Evidently, it also didn't take all the photos I thought I took.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Laura,

That's a nice maiden voyage for your Tarpon.

It looks like you were using a plastic worm. Were the bass aggressive or did you have to finesse them?
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I was on Centennial yesterday around dawn and enjoyed some success (sorry no camera). I was throwing a square billed crankbait in shad color and caught 4 LMB. The largest was a personal best of 18". I am finally starting to find the fish in that lake.
      ---------------------------------
      Mike Hossom
      Olive Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

You all did good with the bass, and 18" is not too shabby. Was there anyone there fishing for trout? I see on the MD-DNR Fisheries web site that trout were stocked there last week. Some of the trout were nice sized too.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Good job there. I haven't fished Centennial or any of the lakes near Columbia this year. I'll have to head back one day for a quick trip.

Comment

There were quite a few people fishing from shore around 10:00. They may have been going after to the trout, I did not look too closely.
            Mike Hossom
            Olive Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Laura,

That's a nice maiden voyage for your Tarpon.

It looks like you were using a plastic worm. Were the bass aggressive or did you have to finesse them?
              Mark,

The bass are aggressive. I could go LMB fishing with just soft plastic worms as lures - they appear to be that dependable.
              Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                Good job there. I haven't fished Centennial or any of the lakes near Columbia this year. I'll have to head back one day for a quick trip.
                It was a good location for my first time in the Tarpon 120. I have found Centennial to be a decent location during the week when it isn't crowded.
                Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

Laura - Interesting, I tried plastic worms yesterday and never got a nibble. I must have had the wrong color or shape or delivery.

Man I love fishing!
                  Mike Hossom
                  Olive Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by mhossom View Post
                    Laura - Interesting, I tried plastic worms yesterday and never got a nibble. I must have had the wrong color or shape or delivery.

Man I love fishing!
                    I have been told that pumpkinseed green is the color to use in our area. I usually use Sticko worms or something similar. You can see the plastic worm I used in at least one of the photos.
                    Last edited by zeebyrd; 10-15-2013, 06:28 PM.
                    Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

I was going to go in the am on the 14th but decided not to. Maybe i should have went... You spend most of your time by the riprap or up by the islands?
                      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
                        I was going to go in the am on the 14th but decided not to. Maybe i should have went... You spend most of your time by the riprap or up by the islands?
                        I was all over. I caught some up by the islands. I caught a few more by the cove with the rust colored walking bridge.
                        Laura (aka zeebyrd)

Comment

ive used a purple drop shot in here and pulled out 32 one morning... nothing huge but still fun
                          Zach Moore
                          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                          Bait Towel Pro Staff
                          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Mine were all caught along the shore directly across from the ramp.
                            Mike Hossom
                            Olive Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Nice job there. How did the new ride test out for you?

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Working...
                              X