Heading for CHSP - Oct 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading for CHSP - Oct 13

Sunday is the only day I can fish. I will be there for tog mainly and a possible striper. I am expecting 2-3 keeper tog

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    Sunday is the only day I can fish. I will be there for tog mainly and a possible striper. I am expecting 2-3 keeper tog

Joe
    Be careful. Supposed to be up to 15 MPH this weekend. Last weekend we had crazy fog move in on us in matter of minutes. Good thing my friend had GPS. I would have gotten lost in the fog.
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

I'll bring a compass just in case if I can find one otherwise the outer side of the wall should be doable.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

We will check the weather.

Minh,
        Since I am working until Saturday mid night, I can't prepare the pipe and twine. I packed the truck, and bought shrimp late last night. I hope the weather is good

Joe
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Ill try and make another wreck anchor today then. I have plenty of supplies and will let the concrete dry in OC.

Comment

I may try to join you guys, hopefully the weather holds up!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

My Uncle is in DE right now and sent me a picture of 8 keeper stripers and 3 big blues all caught at IRI. Not sure on what or what time (i think nighttime) so that could be a back up location. Michael I'll make another wreck anchor to test also.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
                My Uncle is in DE right now and sent me a picture of 8 keeper stripers and 3 big blues all caught at IRI. Not sure on what or what time (i think nighttime) so that could be a back up location. Michael I'll make another wreck anchor to test also.

Just to clarify, I hope you mean fishing from the rocks because theres no way to kayak IRI safely. It is always productive, but full of snags and the water gets so fast ive heard its one of the most dangerous inlets on the east coast. Wouldn't want someone to read this post then go drop their kayak in, because theres a lull at slack tide and then it gets crazy.
                2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Definitly one would have to be pretty crazy to kayak that inlet

Comment

I think stripers are at the both ends of the inner and outer walls. I gave up triggers too early, I think. I will try again for triggers based on the reports by our forum members. CHSP is getting very interesting... Hmm, perhaps I continue to fish CHSP until the end of the year regardless catch... This way I don't regret.

Next year I am buying the season pass.

joe
                    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-11-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Minh,
                      Any backup place when launching kayak is impossible? What are the target fish at the backup place?

Joe

Comment

I'd join you, but I'm not feeling well. Better to rest up for next weekend.

Sunday forecast:
                        Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 72F. Windy. Winds from the ENE at 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Winds don't look good, but the south side of the Inner Wall may be doable. Good luck!
                        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Change of plans...going to try fishing the IRI since fishing will be tough in a kayak. Not sure what parking lot to use yet but either the north or the south lot. Most likely the south. Bring Bucktails, gotcha plugs, topwater lures. Joe I will try to pick up what I can but I don't have any money at the moment so cant get more than a few lures. Joe if you can bring me one of your 6'6'' rods for me to borrow with 15-20# braid because I only brought my tog rod. Don't worry about "rigging" it just bring it and I can rig it so you dont have to waste time...I will buy some topwater lures.

Comment

Minh,
                            Thanks for the wind info today. Tomorrow will be the same - It will be tough. As we talked, No kayak-fishing tomorrow.

Joe

Comment

Yeah its really rough up here tried surf fishing and ciuldnt even get the bait to hold with eight ounces of weight. Going to try the inlet tomarrow but only for 1 hour or so...not worth the gas

Comment

Working...
                              X