CHSP surf/ IRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP surf/ IRR

Heres a quick one...I was surf fishing all night weds/thurs hoping to catch some early migrating stripers.No stripers just tons of skates. In the morning got on a friends boat to fish indian river inlet. Caught numerous stripers up to 27" on spot. Since im so used to fishing in MD I was sure that one was a keeper but nope, 28" minimum in DE. Got into bluefish which quickly destroyed all remaining spot. Caught my heftiest bluefish to date at slightly over 5 lbs on a peice of bunker.Also this beautiful redfish at 24". So still waiting and anxious for fall striper run.

Heres the best part for me...i just upgraded my phone to iphone 5s and got it on monday. At some point on wednesday night it slipped out of my pocket onto the beach in the darkness. I didnt realize it till the following morning long after i left the beach. After much anxiety the find my iphone app located my phone sitting on the beach at cape henlopen but doesnt give exact coordinates, just a dot on the map. By changing to satellite view i was able to mark some landmarks and through google earth headed for a somewhat close spot. I headed there this morning with my handheld gps and low hopes and walked up and down the area where i was thought i was parked. There was a zillion new tire tracks and a whole bunch of surf fisherman around as well as people walking up and down the beach.I found what looked like my tire tread marks amongst all the others and when i was gonna give up there it was barely protruding from the sand.I felt like it was a one in a million chance but i safely recovered it undamaged. So i spent 4 hrs round trip today going back there but its better than the alternative. I had no insurance so i never would have heard the end of this.All said and done it was a great couple of days.

fishy.jpg
    2014 Hobie Outback

High 5 on the iphone. That sounds like a tough trip glad it worked out
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice looking fish. Quite a story on the phone, glad you found it!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Glad you found the phone!!!

If you had access to the "Find My Phone" app while you were nearby (like via a friend with an iphone/ipad), you coulda got it to sound an alarm to help find it. I've had to do that in the house lol
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

That phone is meant to be yours bro!

Originally posted by toyomo View Post
          I found what looked like my tire tread marks amongst all the others
          Sign of a true hardcore mechanic! Much respect!
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
            Glad you found the phone!!!

If you had access to the "Find My Phone" app while you were nearby (like via a friend with an iphone/ipad), you coulda got it to sound an alarm to help find it. I've had to do that in the house lol
            I did use a friends ipad when we were still in the area to use that app but it said all devices offline. There is pretty spotty service in that part of chsp...once i got home that night i got an email saying device located so i guess a cloud moved or something. We had driven up the beach the previous night probably close to a mile looking for better spots away from skates and i wasnt even sure at what point i dropped it. That app didnt give me exact coordinates but i never would have found my phone without it. It at least confirmed no one picked it up and the general area. I would highly recommend anyone with an iphone turn on that feature.
            2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
              That phone is meant to be yours bro!

Sign of a true hardcore mechanic! Much respect!

It was like CSI CHSP because there was quite a few:

image.jpg
              2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Sounds like a good time! When I misplace my phone, I get the same feeling in the pit of my stomach when I can't find my wallet.
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

LOL! Like I said bro Hardcore!!

Originally posted by toyomo View Post
                  It was like CSI CHSP because there was quite a few:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9384[/ATTACH]
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Way to be persistent. I'm glad you found your iphone.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Working...
                    X