CHSP Saturday 10/05/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP Saturday 10/05/2013

Anyone planning to go for togs/triggers this coming saturday? I am planning to go if the weather holds pretty well.
    Hobie Revolution 13

will be in OC next Sat. and CHSP on Sun. 12-13
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Unfortunately, I will be unable to fish that weekend
      Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I was planning on it until I realized archery season opens this Saturday. Sorry!

Comment

It is a good call.
          I can't make it. I will be in CA unfortunately.
          Tog will be there for sure. I think triggers are there also. I think the wind will be the main factor in catching department.

FYI,
          For next two weeks, I will go with sand flee or fresh shrimp. a pint of live sand flee will do it for whole day for less than $5.00. I couldn't buy the live sand flee on the last Sunday. Live Green Crab were available at the bait stores. but I didn't buy green crab because I brought fresh shrimp (about 30). Fresh shrimp are my favorite. Fresh shrimp always performs equally or better than other baits for me

When I used Sand flee or Shrimp (a half or 1/3) for bait. I use #1 and #1/0 hooks for both triggers and togs. Small hooks works better with these baits. I will use small hooks until mid October at CHSP.
          I use 3/0 or 4/0 hooks for blue crab, and 2/0-3/0 for Green crab.

I drive 2.75 - 3.75 hours one way for tog fishing. I was mad when the baits were out of stock at the bait store 6:00am sometimes.
          So I always bring 30 shrimp from my home.

I will use a tandem rig (two hooks).

Bring 2 and 3 oz sinkers. Last week I could have used 4oz sinker where the wind was blowing even though the water was shallow. But I didn't bring 4oz sinkers. Next time I will bring 4oz sinkers

Good Luck!
          Joe
          Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-02-2013, 08:27 PM.
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Me and a buddy are thinking about going up there on Saturday.....if the weather holds up. We can meet up somewhere and head out together.
            Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
            WS Ride 115 Mango
            WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Sounds great. Hopefully the winds will be good that day.
              Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I may be heading to CHSP the weekend of the 12th.

Comment

A friend and I will be there Saturday. It will be good to see you all out there.
                  The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Anyone know whether the park will be open because of the government shutdown?
                    Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
                      Anyone know whether the park will be open because of the government shutdown?
                      SHouldn't affect the park because even if there is no staff they just leave the gates open.
                      The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

I was there today and yesterday and park is open normally. Its a state park.
                        2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by toyomo View Post
                          I was there today and yesterday and park is open normally. Its a state park.
                          do you have a report for us?
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                            do you have a report for us?

It was non kayaking so i am posting one now in the general forum.
                            2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Wanted to throw up a quick picture and report from Saturday..

Was nice meeting (Steve) Fish and Kenny. I know a met a few others from the forums also. Lots of kayakers out there Saturday.

Had a pretty good day with a legal tog at 16" and two legal flounder 17.5" and 19"

capehenlopen10.5.13.jpg

Enjoy,

Meadeo
                              2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Working...
                              X