Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Annual Cape May Kayak Fishing Jamboree

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing & The Kayak Fishing Store
    Present the 4th Annual Cape May Kayak Fishing Jamboree for NJ Chapter of Heroes on the Water

The 4th Annual Cape May Kayak Fishing Jamboree is slated for Friday, 10/25/13 through Sunday, 10/27/13. In the strictest of terms, this event is not a tournament. It’s a gathering of friends for the camaraderie found within this sport. We leave the formalities out. For this reason, we use a Jamboree (whatever/whenever/however) format. Entry fee has been set at $50.00 per person and 100% of the profits will be donated to the NJ Chapter of Heroes on the Water.

Captain's Meeting;
    A NON-mandatory meet and greet bon-fire meeting will be held on Friday, October 25, 2013 at 6pm, at the Lake Laurie Campground (Event Headquarters) located in Erma, NJ. (Address and info attached here)

For bragging rights, and for those with a competitive spirit, we will be having some prizes and a few Calcutta’s. Target species will be Striped Bass, Weakfish, Bluefish, Fluke and Tautog. Individual species, Slam and Grand Slam categories will be created if voted on at the Capt Meeting.

Almost everyone stays at the Lake Laurie Campground. (We had the entire campground to ourselves for the last 3 years) Plenty of clean bathrooms, showers and laundry are on site. The staff there is awesome and is now under new ownership. If you weren’t there, talk to someone that was. You’ll be told not to miss it.

We are planning; kayak fishing clinics, sponsor booths, on the water kayak demos, and fresh water fishing within the tournament headquarters all through the weekend long event. Each participant will receive an event T-shirt and dinner at the banquet to be held on Saturday at 5pm.

If you have any questions about the event or would like to become a sponsor or exhibitor, please feel free to email or call us at;

Charlie LaBar Lunchbox Charliel@jckf.net
    Chris Parson SJ Fish Whisperer chris@jckf.net
    Bob Miller Mullet Miller bob@jckf.net
    Charlie Hackman SeaFlea charlieh@jckf.net

Fishing Hours;
    Friday, October 25 at 8pm until Sat, October 26 at 5pm.
    Pictures for Calcutta MUST BE IN BY 5PM!!!! There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Catch, Photo and Release is recommended, but there are no penalties for keeping legal sized and in season fish.

SD cards must be in by 5pm to score your catch.

Calcutta’s;
    There are 4 this year;
    Striper
    Weakfish
    Bluefish
    Tautog

These are $5 each and 100% payback. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR $$$ IN FOR THE CALCUTTA BY THE CAPTAINS MEETING YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE CALCUTTA!!! If you can not attend the Capt Meeting make sure that you email one of us and let us know which Calcutta’s you want to enter. We will enter you.

NJ Bag Limits; http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2011/maregsum11.pdf

CPR is encouraged, but not mandatory

Striped Bass (2) fish 28” and greater

Summer Fluke CLOSED

Winter Flounder CLOSED

Tautog (1) fish greater than 14”

Weakfish (1) fish greater than 13”

Bluefish (15) fish no size limit

Black Drum (3) fish greater than 16”

Red Drum (1) slot from 18”-27”

Recommended Bait info;

Clam, Green Crabs, Mullet, Spot

**Shops in this area DO NOT carry Sand Worms or Asian Crabs. You’ll need to bring your own**

Bait and Tackle;

Jersey Bait and Tackle 124 West Chestnut Avenue, North Wildwood, NJ 08260 609-522-7060. They are heavily stocked and ready for us.

Tides Fri, Sat, Sun
    Nummy Island, Grassy Sound Channel, New Jersey
    39.0283° N, 74.8017° W

2013-10-25 12:57 AM EDT 3.56 feet High Tide
    2013-10-25 6:37 AM EDT 0.91 feet Low Tide
    2013-10-25 7:19 AM EDT Sunrise
    2013-10-25 1:01 PM EDT 3.98 feet High Tide
    2013-10-25 6:06 PM EDT Sunset
    2013-10-25 7:36 PM EDT 0.85 feet Low Tide
    2013-10-26 1:48 AM EDT 3.48 feet High Tide
    2013-10-26 7:20 AM EDT Sunrise
    2013-10-26 7:32 AM EDT 1.09 feet Low Tide
    2013-10-26 1:51 PM EDT 3.86 feet High Tide
    2013-10-26 6:05 PM EDT Sunset
    2013-10-26 7:42 PM EDT Last Quarter
    2013-10-26 8:36 PM EDT 0.92 feet Low Tide
    2013-10-27 2:39 AM EDT 3.49 feet High Tide
    2013-10-27 7:21 AM EDT Sunrise
    2013-10-27 8:39 AM EDT 1.15 feet Low Tide
    2013-10-27 2:42 PM EDT 3.80 feet High Tide
    2013-10-27 6:04 PM EDT Sunset
    2013-10-27 9:35 PM EDT 0.86 feet Low Tide

The Kayak Fishing Store will be open;
    Thursday 8am – 6pm
    Friday 6am – 5pm
    Saturday 4am – 2pm (We will have coffee for everyone)
    Sunday 11pm – 6pm

We carry everything you will need for this event including Kayak Carl TnW’s and other tackle. WE DO NOT CARRY BAIT. Please go to Jersey B&T.

Lake Laurie Campground;
    669 Route 9, Cape May, NJ-08204
    (609)884-3567
    BE SURE TO LET CAMP KNOW YOU ARE PART OF THE JCKF GROUP
    http://www.sunrvresorts.com/Community/LLA

JCKF Cape May Kayak Fishing Jamboree for Heroes on the Water

Registration Form

Please print form and mail to address below

Name:____________________________________________P hone:_______________________

Address:__________________________________________ ____________________________

City:_________________________________State:______ _________Zip:_________________

Email:____________________________________________ Age:_______ Sex: M____ F____

Emergency Contact __________________________________________________ __________

Tournament Registration Cost $50.00__________

Includes T-Shirt, & Sat Catered Dinner (T-Shirt Size L-XXXL) _________

Additional Tournament T-Shirt (Size L-XXXL)______ $15.00__________

Additional Dinner Ticket(s)______ $12.00__________

Total: __________

Please make check or money order out to –

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
    33 Lola Lane
    Cape May, New Jersey 08204

Contact information;
    Charles LaBar, Co-Founder aka LUNCHBOX charliel@jckf.net
    Chris Parson, Co-Founder aka SJ Fish Whisperer chris@jckf.net
    Bob Miller, Co-Organizer aka Mullet Miller bob@jckf.net
    Charlie Hackman, Co Organizer aka Seaflea charlieh@jckf.net

www.jerseycapekayakfishing.net

Comment

If you were interested here's a link to the registration:

http://jckf-forum.forumotion.net/t89...istration-form

AND... the Wolfpack is gonna hold a beer raffle;

1) bring a six-pack of your favorite beer and 5 bucks,
      2) when the raffle winner is announced he/she gets ALL the beer
      3) ALL the money is donated to Heroes On the Water

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Miller View Post
        If you were interested here's a link to the registration:

http://jckf-forum.forumotion.net/t89...istration-form

AND... the Wolfpack is gonna hold a beer raffle;

1) bring a six-pack of your favorite beer and 5 bucks,
        2) when the raffle winner is announced he/she gets ALL the beer
        3) ALL the money is donated to Heroes On the Water
        Now that is innovative! Just because of this I'm double checking the calendar!

Comment

Ask Mike about it John, ya gotta make the trip! Winning the beer would be a plus!

Comment

John, this is totally up your alley! I had a blast last year and it sounds like the fishing is picking up. Back bay sod banks, bridges, jetties.... lots of good structure out there.
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Jamboree, huh? Not a kayak fishing tournament. So, no Captain's bag?!?! ...sniff, sniff.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                John, this is totally up your alley! I had a blast last year and it sounds like the fishing is picking up. Back bay sod banks, bridges, jetties.... lots of good structure out there.
                Mike,
                How would you judge the fishing/catching there compared with VB and JBay?

Comment

Well last year the wind was howling so it's hard to say. I fished the light line on Thursday night I think last year before the event started and there were plenty of rock in the light line of a bridge I found. It was pretty spooky going back through the marsh cuts alone/first time being there/wind howling/pitch black but once I got to the bridge I felt right at home. There was a small pier sticking out and small blues and some rock and then on the other side there was a creek that came out near a dock and a light right there. That spot was loaded with rock and I even hooked into a red on my light rod that ended up getting around a buoy and breaking me off. In the day time on Friday and Saturday I hit the bridges right near the Kayak Fishing Store and caught tog all over the place. I think my biggest for the weekend was 17.5" but I caught a bunch of 12-14" fish on jig heads and a light rod so that was a lot of fun. To me the weirdest thing was the location of the tog, they were everywhere. Hard bottom, sand, bridge piling, etc. Seemed like everywhere you dropped crab you'd get bites. On Saturday the wind died down a little and I headed out to explore some. I had a few bluefish hit trolled baits and then went back to togging and found a nice ledge / jetty that reminded me of CHSP. I did not catch any large tog here but I think they were there- I just kept catching smaller ones.

Hopefully this year will be less windy!
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

With many protected areas (e.g., Sound, inlet, harbor, channel), I would think the wind wouldn't be much of a problem.

Is there a list of launch sites?

Also, how does a fishing Calcutta work?

Comment

I think I might do this! Anyone else interested in going?
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

We have a list of launches available over at www.JCKF.net....here's a couple screen shots from a couple years ago...http://jckf-forum.forumotion.net/t50...s-and-launches

I'll get Chris to get on Google Earth and get some up to date info ready while he's recuperating, and I'll link it here for you. The event has really turned into a good time for all that come. Lots of ball busting, great food and mostly, some really good fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          I do like beer! That is indeed up my alle... er..., oh, you mean fishing back bay areas. I like that, too.

Comment

This is a fun event with lots of good folks in attendance. It'll be year 3 for me. This jamboree has turned into a "can't miss" for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Miller View Post
                              JCKF Cape May Kayak Fishing Jamboree for Heroes on the Water

Registration Form

Please print form and mail to address below

Name:____________________________________________P hone:_______________________

Address:__________________________________________ ____________________________

City:_________________________________State:______ _________Zip:_________________

Email:____________________________________________ Age:_______ Sex: M____ F____

Emergency Contact __________________________________________________ __________

Tournament Registration Cost $50.00__________

Includes T-Shirt, & Sat Catered Dinner (T-Shirt Size L-XXXL) _________

Additional Tournament T-Shirt (Size L-XXXL)______ $15.00__________

Additional Dinner Ticket(s)______ $12.00__________

Total: __________

Please make check or money order out to –

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
                              33 Lola Lane
                              Cape May, New Jersey 08204

Contact information;
                              Charles LaBar, Co-Founder aka LUNCHBOX charliel@jckf.net
                              Chris Parson, Co-Founder aka SJ Fish Whisperer chris@jckf.net
                              Bob Miller, Co-Organizer aka Mullet Miller bob@jckf.net
                              Charlie Hackman, Co Organizer aka Seaflea charlieh@jckf.net

www.jerseycapekayakfishing.net
                              Any on-line registration? If not, I guess we need to make sure you receive the mailed form before the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X