Vittle fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vittle fish

i fished outside Lewes this afternoon for a couple hours. mostly bucktailing a white spro w/Gulp until it got snagged up and lost. w/o much options, I switched to a ball jig w/wh Gulp and worked that. the flounder came on the spro. I kept getting bites on the ball jig that I couldn't hook. I could only think they were short flounder until I pulled one up. took me a while to get it thru my head that it wasn't a little redfish. got another one and decided that was enough for one day.

WT 66*, the shallow flounder are becoming a rare breed. I kept all 3 fish,... for vittles
    Last edited by Southerly; 09-26-2013, 09:51 PM.

Nice size croaker, but the flounder is even nicer. Did you fish CHSP? RI? Thanks for the report. I hope to get back there again soon.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

i launched at the park. even if the flounder are moving out, there's always more things to do. but at this point, i'll probly wait a couple weeks till air temps are cool enough for my winter gear.

Comment

Awesome Flounder! I am hoping to get one tomorrow. Were you using white gulp with the spro?
        2012 Hobie mirage outfitter (RED)

Comment

yes. i had tried a chartreuse/white tandem rig. got tail bit off white. switched up and never looked back.

Comment

Working...
          X