Mid-Bay Livelining 9-1-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Bay Livelining 9-1-13

I setup a charter trip for my birthday weekend for some fishing fun. Plenty of my friends always ask about going fishing with me, so this gave me the opportunity to wet a line with my friends. It was a mix of high school friends, and kayak fishing friends including FishingGeek, Toyomo, & Shady.

We launched at 2:30pm and made a short run to the "spot spot". We bottom fished with a mix of bloodworms & night crawlers to fill the live well with spot. The bottom fishing was slow in comparison to previous times, but the bite was steady enough to get a good amount of bait. Mark aka "FishingGeek" put on a spot catching clinic with a microlite 2' rod...bailing over 40 spot by himself!

We motored to the rockfish location, and the bite was on! My party of 13 BALED stripers all afternoon. We also had a lot of 15" class blues in the mix. Plenty of spot were pulled up with nothing but their heads. The catching was so good that we were able to be selective on the stripers we put in the ice box. From the novice, non-anglers...to the seasoned anglers aboard, we all had a good time catching fish. We released more than we kept.

It was a great day on the water, and another great trip with Captain Sam aboard the Katherine.

photo (31).jpg
    <insert witty comment here>

Nice!!! Wish I coulda made it.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Very nice...

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Had a blast as always! It seemed that I was pulling nothing but nice sized Blues while the action was hot. I probably caught more Blues yesterday than in my entire life. Circle hook seemed to work pretty well to hook them right in the corner of the mouth keeping the sharp chompers away from the leader. Later on I played C&R with some nice Stripers though.
        I'm getting my Blues ready for the Smoker now!
        DSCN5691.jpg
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

What a great trip. I had heard great things about the Katherine and it turned out to all be well founded. Capt Sam and his mate are super helpful and they really put us on fish. Once we had enough spot and got to where we were gonna rockfish it was basically fish on constantly from the first drop until the boats limit was caught and this includes so many thrown back that I lost count. The bluefish were right there in the mix seeming to be above the stripers and were constantly biting spot in half with a good number of them hooked also. Crew was extremely attentive and when i'd have my spot bit off i'd frequently turn around and find another spot waiting to be handed to me. I couldn't have asked for a better time with good laughs and good fishing with great weather in great company. Thanks for setting it all up Metroman!

fish1.jpg
          fish2.jpg
          fish3.jpg
          2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Happy Birthday Metro!! Great day on the water
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks! Here is some cell phone footage. I forgot my actual video cameras in the car

<insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
              X