Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallie Dink A Palooza with Berto and My Son

Dan M,

Were you on Triadelphia or Rocky Gorge? The other day when I went out they had dropped the water in Triadelphia by about a foot or so. Just wonder if WSSC post their water release times so I can try the upper end of RG when the water is moving.

zak

Comment

Zak, this was the Upper Potomac river, not Triadelphia.

Last weekend I noticed that Triadelphia was down several feet. I've never heard of any sort of schedule for dam releases. Most frequently, they release a bunch of water a day before a large storm is predicted.

Comment

Tom,

What were you throwing and what were they eating? I'll be out there on Tuesday.
        John

Cuda 12
        F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Wedge, we met Berto at Brunswick and fished down to Lander.
          I caught almost all my fish on a green pumpkin colored Zoom curly tailed grub. Look for current breaks and trails of bubbles. Throw the grub into the edge of a current seam and hold on as a smallie eats the grub. Lots of minnows in the river right now. Lots of grass too. Be prepared to take grass off of your lures all day long.

Comment

Throw big spinnerbaits (3/8 ounce) in those same current breaks. I did the same as DanMarino and caught cookie cutters all day long, as soon as I threw that spinnerbait, BAM...19" smallie

Comment

Tom I had good time fishing with you and your son.

I caught around 15 fish. My biggest fish was 14.5” and I also caught 2 small largemouth. I caught my fish on fluke, spinnerbait and jig w/craw.

14"

14.5"

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
              X