NC vacation report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC vacation report

got back on wednesday from 2 weeks in kure beach nc.

caught about 15 flounder throughout the whole trip (biggest was 24 inches)
    2 drum biggest was 23 inches
    1 trout at 16 inches.

caught alot more fish than these like lizard fish and bluefish as well

Did alot better with bigger flounder on the surf, but lots of little ones on the pier, saw 2 huge ones caught around 7 pounds though

I was using live mullet with carolina rigs

ResizedImage_1377480648625.jpgResizedImage_1377480681293.jpgIMG955852.jpgIMG_20130809_194111_449.jpgResizedImage_1377480865970.jpgIMG_20130818_180158_646.jpgIMG_20130813_120727_121.jpgResizedImage_1377480696027.jpg

If we had drum like that in this area, I could forget about stripers.

Comment

Don, i read in the dnr report that some guy had one that was in the high 20's using topwater above the bridge, i know they are here in our area, just few and far between

Comment

The last time I went to Thomas Point, my original plan was to fish the river for puppy drum. I was going to drift minnows. However, I don't have much luck catching minnows around where I live. I need a good marshy area. The place I used to go, whenever I leave my trap, it is stolen. All in all, it worked out, as I had a great day at the lighthouse.

Comment

don i dont know what its called, but theres a small kayak rack and pier in your neighborhood and u can catch minnows there. i dont tie a string to it i just throw it out

when its time to get it i take a treble hook on a line and then a foot down tie a weight, and throw it over the trap and snag it and retreive it. i do the same with my crab pots, that way no one steels them

Comment

That is where I try. The last time I baited the trap with bread and some thawed out krill. No minnows. When I was a kid, a few slices of bread would and an hour, I could have all the minnows I need for a day of fishing. I just don't know. These must be picky minnows.

Comment

the best bait is crushed up blue crab or hot dogs, if u desperatly need minnows i can get you all you ever need

Comment

Thats OK. I will just to the nearby park and just wait with the trap, so it does not walk off. It will only take about an hour. There are plenty of minnows in the marsh area. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Working...
                X