Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing The Susquehanna River Any Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing The Susquehanna River Any Suggestions?

Hi,
    I am looking to fish other then the bay bridge. I was wondering how the fishing is on the Susquehanna River or places near there. Any suggestions were to fish and what to use would be so helpful. I have a Jackson 14 is the current fast?
    Thanks fellow yaks!
    Christopher Ritchie

Hey Christopher Ritchie, I live close to the Susky and is my go to when time is limited. There is a launch at the dam called "fisherman's park". Rockfish on topwater in the early morning is the ticket here. You are subjected to most available current here being so close to the dam. You must call the hotlines in advance for generation and spill gate conditions. It is not the most friendly launch, lots of boulders...but with some experience you should be fine with the Jackson.

Next spot down river is Rock run, this is where deer creek meets the Susky. You can drag your kayak to the water after trekking through some foliage and the railroad tracks. This area has the potential for Smallmouth, perch, rockfish, and catfish. This is the area for the famous shad run when in season.

Next down river is lapidum boat launch, very accessible and puts you in deeper waters. Your best bet is to paddle upstream towards deer creek and target the smallies. In season Rockfish and WP are plentiful. You can always soak bait for catfish here if you are desperate.

Lastly is the flats! Launching out of Tyding Marina Park. Rockfish haven in the spring and fall. In the summer...water heats up and the grasses grow high. Lots of potential for Largemouth. Anything past the flats is accessible but not recommended due to APG patrols.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
    X