Beware at Roosevelt Inlet CG lights at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware at Roosevelt Inlet CG lights at night

I fish the lights at night time for stripers pretty much every week during the summer catching schoolies with a fly rod. Have been for a few years and have never had a problem with CG guys. Talk to them all the time actually. I don't know if a new guy is in charge of the post or what but I have seen two boats get tickets in the last week for being too close to their dock. It's mainly the north side where they moor their boat and don't want people near or in between it and the bulkhead. Just letting guys know in case you come over. It is a blast however and even caught some trout on the fly there last weekend!

Thanks for the heads up Delawhere!
    Any good flounder catches going on in RI now?
    Thanks,
    GB

Comment

Flounder sucks this year for the most part. Definitely not consistent like previous years. The water has been cooler, so I thought it would keep the larger ones inside a little more too? Now that they lowered the slot on rockfish to 20" though I have done very well on scratching out some keepers this summer= bonus! It is weird but the stripers here seem to fight twice as hard most of the time as the chesapeake rock do of the same size? You all have much bigger average size residents though for sure.

Comment

When I fished RI in the past, I often fished along their dock/boats (near inlet). Nobody said anything about being too close, but maybe I got lucky. Thanks for the warning.

Agree, flounder bite suck this year. I've fished RI and CHSP walls many times this year and have yet to catch a keeper. Maybe water temp isn't ideal for them? I hear fairly decent flounder bites on head boats though.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

That's why I was just letting guys know to be careful about the south side where they dock their boat. Still fishable and tons of fish including slot sized with enough weeding through. Caught about 60 last night on the fly. It's so funny and frustrating watching motor boats coming up when the fish are going crazy, until they pull up with their motor running constant, which puts them down until they leave. If you come over try to let me know if you want someone to fish with, always looking for partners. Stripers are a pure night time deal though, with an incoming tide the best by far. Day time is loads of croakers , spot, short flounder, with some keepers mixed in and Tufnicks favorite oyster crackers.

Comment

Thanks for the intel Delawhere, greatly appreciated!

GB

Comment

Working...
            X