CHSP One Trigger 8-10-13, Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP One Trigger 8-10-13, Sat

Wx was partly sunny, winds 5-10 mph. Small chops.

I was on the water 8 am and started fishing the Inner Wall looking for togs and triggers with live sand fleas. Caught toads and a short tog. I later saw ComeOnFish and Redfish heading out to the Outer Wall so I joined them.

ComeOnFish and Redfish actually came out mainly to dive, but they later fished after a few hours because the water was murky.

We later met Tim, Chris and ?, and we all fished the Outer Wall with shrimp, sand fleas and green crab. Also did some jigging. Caught a lot of toads, sea bass, baby blues and _______ (I forgot the name; looked like small tog). No triggers, togs or flounder.

We eventually went to the Inner Wall late afternoon, and caught more toads, sea bass, croaker and spot. I caught another short tog. And surprise, Tim caught a trigger there, the only trigger of the day.

The late afternoon and evening weather was so calm with barely a breeze. I was off the water at 8 pm, after 12 hours……ohhhhh…my sore a____. But it was a very nice day to yak fish with regular and new friends.

Hope to fish with you guys again, and hopefully the fish will cooperate with our hooks.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Tuknik,

Good fishing with you yesterday. Thanks for the toads. The trigger and tog may not of cooroperiated but the weather was wonderful and there was a good bit of exercise to be had.

Here is before and after from cleaning the toads this morning.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...81629977_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...03734945_o.jpg

Was great catching up with Mike and Joe also.

Tight Lines.

Meadeo
    2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Lol those toads look so funny just laying there "staring" back...how do they taste?
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
        Lol those toads look so funny just laying there "staring" back...how do they taste?
        Agreed it brings the term "mean mug" to a whole new level.

This will be my first attempt at eating them but friends tell me they are much like monkfish.

Meadeo
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

They look like they don't want to be there....lol........

Anyway, agree, I ate them before and they are surprisingly very good table fare. You have to show us a pic of those fellows, "fried" that is.
          http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...light=ate+toad
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks for the update! Do you think the trigger bite will improve or are they moving out of the area?

Comment

WTG!!! 12 hours!? Man you guys are hardcore! I'd need a break in there somewhere! LOL

Comment

Thanks for the report! Although the Tog in the picture is short, it is a nice looking one!
                How did you clean the Toads Meadeo?
                Are any you guys planning on fishing there next weekend?
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Hopefully next weekend will be better. A few of us are planning on going Friday and Saturday.
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I had a great time fishing with the gang again! Thanks to Joe I had the chance to try spearfishing for the first time! Water clarity was bad but I got the chance to explore the bottom out there which was really cool. I caught 3 short tog, some DE toads (huge), some Black Sea bass, croaker, and 1 16" flounder.
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I didn't know Meadeo was keeping toad. I threw away a nice toad. Some of my friends love to eat toad. The water clarity was bad. I glanced only 9-10 tog @ 13-17 inches. I shot twice, one undersized, one missed. Caught some croaker. One was at 13 inches. Caught two blue crab

joe
                      Last edited by ComeOnFish; 08-12-2013, 05:37 AM.
                      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by RxForFishin View Post
                        Thanks for the update! Do you think the trigger bite will improve or are they moving out of the area?
                        RxForFishing,
                        I don't know. I fished two spring seasons for tog, and fishing the first summer tog season now (July 17- Aug 31). It seems that there are less triggers and togs now.

Joe
                        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Ok thanks! I'm hoping to take a shot at them this Thursday/Friday, maybe I'll see you guys out there. Come say hi if you see me, I usually wear fluorescent colors since my boat tends to blend in.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                            RxForFishing,
                            I don't know. I fished two spring seasons for tog, and fishing the first summer tog season now (July 17- Aug 31). It seems that there are less triggers and togs now.

Joe
                            Joe, If you haven't changed your mind can you fish this Thursday? Or are you fishing on weekends now?
                            Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Glad you guys got out. Beautiful weekend and no winds. Could not have asked for more....except maybe some legit keepers. Lol.
                              Hobie Outback
                              WS Tarpon
                              IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Working...
                              X