Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedbacks on Car Mounts..??

Hey,
    My friends are trying to get a good kayak mount for their cars. They initially went cheap and got that foam and tie-down strap but they're so flimsy. You guys have any that you're using that is sturdy that you can recommend?

Thanks.

i use thule roof rack with kayak slides or thow it in the back of the truck bed with or without a harbor freight bed extender.

Grilled Sardine had some foam blocks and now uses some air filled tubes for his car. hopefully he will chime in here with his thoughts on them.
    sigpic

Comment

I used the foam blocks for one season but they were a pain. I then started looking at the yakima racks for my car and for everything, the cost was about $550. That was a little more than I wanted to spend on a car racks.

I then found these:

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/malone...ck-mpg452.html

So far I am happy with them. They work fairly well but you will still have to tie down in the front and back to be safe. They are easy to set up and don't scratch the roof of your car like the foam blocks did.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I have the Yakima rack with the Kayak Mako kayak holders still getting used to loading it but once it is on tight it don't budge. on a 98 integra

Comment

i've been using thule glide and set for 3 years now. very nice, the rear has felt pads to slide up on and the front is rubber(?) so it won't slid off.

Comment

here is a pic of my set up.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X