Sunday @ the Upper Potomac 7/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday @ the Upper Potomac 7/28

Sunday I floated down the upper Potomac with two other kayak fishermen. We all caught a lot of Smallies but most of them was around 10"-12". I think the biggest smallie of the day was a 16" by one of the guys. We was catching them on all of the smallies with different lures from tubes, spinnerbait, flukes, jigs w/pac craw, craw. I caught about 12 smallies and my biggest was 15". And I also got a catfish with a spinnerbait.

Caught with JP Hammer Shad on a 1/8oz Draggin' Head

Catfish caught w/ spinnerbait

The Fat Heifer that was in the river.
    Last edited by Berto; 07-31-2013, 11:28 AM.
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Great report Berto. Two weeks ago I had a catfish like that attack my top water plug. It came off quickly. I still have yet to catch a catfish while bass fishing on the Potomac.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
      Great report Berto. Two weeks ago I had a catfish like that attack my top water plug. It came off quickly. I still have yet to catch a catfish while bass fishing on the Potomac.
      Thanks Tom! This is my 2nd catfish I caught with a spinnerbait. My 1st was last year in the same water.
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

That one that hit the shad is sweet! I've been fishing Seneca Breaks mostly this year because it's just closest to home. Have only found quality smallies only one time. Generally, it's been lots of sunfish and small smallies. My next trip I think I'll try Swain's. That worked out well this time last year. Looking forward to the Brunswick stretch later next month.
        Hurricane Skimmer 128
        WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
        X