CHSP Croaker & Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP Croaker & Spot

Went out with my bother and uncle and fish from 9 till two. They used BW's and shrimp for large spot and croakers. I tried to jig for flounder but caught only one on a small spot at 12.5''. I'm pretty sure the larger ones have moved offshore. I'll try and post a picture when I get a chance.

Also in another note the mullet are starting to come in if anyone's interested.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Did you go to the Inner Wall only? Stayed at pier?

So what's up with the mullet coming in?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I only fished on the pier last night because I was with my uncle. I will fish the inner/outer wall Monday going surf fishing today. Are there flounder around the inner wall? If so I might try if the fishing is slow. Not sure what you meant by what's up lol but the bait shop caught a lot of finger mullet on the right side of the pier during incoming tide..

Comment

Yes, I caught flounder at the Inner Wall before. Jig around the ledges and drop-offs.

What's the big deal with mullet coming in? It's just bait for other fish? It's like, so what, there's other fish. Just trying to figure out what's the deal.

Are you fishing there this whole week up to Sat? That's a nice fishing vacation.

Comment

Minh.
          I fished unexpectedly last Sat. From now on I can take off a weekday but not weekend. I am planning to keep pounding CHSP this summer. If you wish I can pick you up on a week day. If the wind is below 7MPH, We may fish the outer wall. if not we can fish for triggerfish at the Ice Breaker at the Inner Wall (the opposite side of the light house)

Anyway here is my log on July 27:

Joe
          Last edited by ComeOnFish; 07-29-2013, 10:40 PM.
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Sure that would be great if you can get off I wasn't able to fish during the day on Saturday. Although I am starting SAT Prep classes on Mon. Wed. and Fri. I think but will have to check. I actually fished the inner wall today but got skunked on triggers and tog...managed 15 croakers though. I am here until Friday so call me if you plan on going.

I might call you tomorrow or send an email to work out the details.
            Last edited by M_Duong60; 07-29-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Nice video, Joe.

I was at the outer wall on Sunday with 4 friends. We caught tog 14.5", 16", 17", 20".
              Those triggerfish are impossible to catch!

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
              Minh.
              I fished unexpectedly last Sat. From now on I can take off a weekday but not weekend. I am planning to keep pounding CHSP this summer. If you wish I can pick you up on a week day. If the wind is below 7MPH, We may fish the outer wall. if not we can fish for triggerfish at the Ice Breaker at the Inner Wall (the opposite side of the light house)

Anyway here is my log on July 27:

Joe

Comment

Again, you take inspiring videos, Joe. Too bad I didn't go to CHSP because you sure got nice catches. Instead I went to CBBT and didn't catch any keepers. Anyway, I hope to fish at CHSP this Sat, depending on wx.

Comment

Johnny,

May I have the Bait and Hook size you guys used?

Tufnik,
                  Early morning may be the key I think at the Outer Wall.

According to the spear fishermen, a plenty of tog are there in summer and fall. I am going to prove that this year.
                  Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Joe,

We used size 1 hooks. We followed your recommendations from your 7/20 trip. All the keeper togs were caught on sand fleas. I caught the 14.5" tog on green crab. We also tried squid and shrimp to catch trigger, but we weren't able to catch any. Pulled up a few toadfish and croaker on shrimp.

Comment

Nice vid Joe! Those Triggers seem tough to hook based on your video. Were you dropping the bait all the way to the bottom for them or fishing off the bottom? I plan to fish CHSP in a couple of weeks
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Went again today will post a full report later.

Comment

Johnny,
                          Where did you get the Sand flee? I do not know any bait stores around there?

Thank you
                          Joe

Comment

Joe you could try Bill's Sport Shop it should be on the way to CHSP. Do you usually come from DE or OC?

There is also the Old Inlet and I think the name of another was hook um and cookum outfitters.

If you are coming from OC there is also Fenwick bait and tackle and Oyster Bay Tackle
                            Last edited by M_Duong60; 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Joe, I got them at Bill's Sport Shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X