Crate attachment on my Revo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate attachment on my Revo

Sam wanted some pics of how I secure my crate in the Revo. I removed the rear bungee and swapped out the screw in cleats for the screw in loops.

I also used a loop for an attachment point for a carabiner that's part of my anchor trolley.

The forwardmost bungees kind of interfere with the freezer tote that I store my catch in, so I might move the loops to the next sternward spot, which is right by the rod holders. I want to try this arrangement a few more times first, though.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

very nice Bill. i picked up some 1" web buckles and found 2 ss web mounts at west marine and got 6' of 1" webbing so i'll put 1 on each side so when i want to remove the crate just pinch the buckles and off it comes. i didn't want to use the eyes behind the seat because my new expedition seat needs to hook in there. i saw those adj. bungees at ace hardware and almost got them

Comment

The buckle idea sounds really good. That would make it easy to swap the crate among boats in your fleet. I just have a wad of bungees I keep in my truck.

I think someone on this forum uses SS turnbuckles to secure their crate, which is pretty cool. I might go that route if I ever use a trailer.
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

the ss turnbuckle sounds good. tring to keep as little clutter as possible. home depot has some bunge clips and ys for a 3 point attachment but the shortest length they have is 6" unless i can figure out how to make them shorter they wont work

Comment

Hey Bill, how do you like the pvc extenders? Do they spin or did you put some tape on them?
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

The PVC extenders work really well and are way cheaper than the Hobie ones. I grabbed some scraps from work. I just did a few wraps with electrical tape to make them fit tight. I lost several that weren't tight enough when they came up with the rod then slid off the rod butt into the water. I cut a notch in them with a Dremel, which I also used to sand down the edges. My reels stay smoother longer since using the extenders because the reels don't get splashed as much.
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Good to know, I was working on doing the same thing last night and planned on using some tape to snug them down. I was surprised the stock holders did not have a gimble pin/ridge in the bottom. I have a couple of rods that I use that have these and it's nice for trolling so you don't have to do the awkward rod twist while reeling thing. I guess spinning rods would fix this, but i didn't like them getting splashed... back to extenders, check.
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

thats the same crate i used to have on my revo. i sold it when i bought the hobie livewell. i just use the livewell as storage now.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I use the stainless turnbuckles. They make for a solid connection. Home Depot also has stainless turnbuckles that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

Working...
                  X