Launch/Access Points Statewide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch/Access Points Statewide

A place for everyone to add their favorite launch points that they use and for others to learn some new places to fish.

Calvert County

Rod-N-Reel Marina in Chesapeake Beach (Bay)
    Breezy Point Marina off Plum Point Rd (Bay)
    Kings Landing State Park in Huntingtown (Patuxent River)
    231 Bridge from Calvert to Charles County (Patuxent River)
    Solomons Island Boat Ramps (Mouth of Patuxent River)

St. Mary's County

Point Lookout State Park in St. Inigoes (farthest south point of MD - BAY)
    St. Mary's College will have new boat ramps and beach access this fall (St. Mary's River)

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
    A place for everyone to add their favorite launch points that they use and for others to learn some new places to fish.

Calvert County

St. Mary's County

St. Mary's College will have new boat ramps and beach access this fall (St. Mary's River)
    I didn't know about the Rod-N-Reel Marina and Breezy Point Marina until I got here ... How's the parking? Any fees?

Comment

I'm not sure about fees at breezy, but at RNR it's $5, unless you go with me I can get you in the water for free. It's nice to have connections haha

Comment

i hope to check out many new places this august
        sigpic

Comment

New sites and little info on the ins and outs of hidden launch sites would be a good sticky post for this site ... I don't know any yet so I can't contribute but hopefully in the future..

Comment

QUESTION: Breezy Point Marina... Is there plenty of room for parking? Any launch fees? Is it a safe launch area?

Comment

Their website says $10 launch fee for boats and they have 2 boat ramps, but does not specify on kayaks. http://www.breezypointmarina.com/index.html is their link, the parking for the ramp is either dirt or gravel, it's not the fanciest marina, but it gets the job done. I'm not sure what you mean by safe, but I would consider it safe, on weekends there is definitely more boat traffic than say a weekday.

Comment

maryland dnr has a good ramp location guide by county. pick up a Queen Anne county sticker at anglers for 25.00 and u don't have to pay 10 every time you launch at the coke or matapeake. their are 6-8 ramps on KI and the Chester river.

Comment

Ran across some good info
                  http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/launch/
                  http://www.seakayak.ws/kayak/kayak.n...9!OpenDocument

Comment

Thanks for the Information. GREAT stuff.

Comment

good stuff. once we compile some good data, i'll compile it in some organized manner and sticky it
                      sigpic

Comment

guy i fish with goes to breezy point a lot, his favorite place, goes trolling around the green can for rock. you can check some of his posts on tidal fish.com under Friday. he has tested more than a 1000 kayaks, testing them for stability and re-entry. said he would be coming to SPSP on 8-8 for self- rescue practice.

Comment

[QUOTE=CB kayak 02;267]A place for everyone to add their favorite launch points that they use and for others to learn some new places to fish.

Calvert County

St. Mary's County

St. Mary's College will have new boat ramps and beach access this fall (St. Mary's River)[/QUOTE

Question...Plumb Point.... Is there parking there? How far do I have to drag my 12 foot kayak with all my gears from the parking area to the launch? Where exactly is the launch? Thank you in advance...

Comment

I'm guessing that your referring to breezy point marina off of plum point road?

There are boat ramps there that you can pull right up to, drop the kayak off and then there is plenty of parking for cars and trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                              I'm guessing that your referring to breezy point marina off of plum point road?

There are boat ramps there that you can pull right up to, drop the kayak off and then there is plenty of parking for cars and trailers.
                              Thanks...
                              I called Breezy point and it was about a bag of bloodworms to launch ($10).... Is there a freebie for cheapies like me ... Free = Good... LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X