CHSP 7-21-13 croaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP 7-21-13 croaker

I only had a few short hours to get down to CHSP and then get back home to finish up some yard work. By the way, I totally messed up the order of getting that done. Anyway, got down to the park around 10am and put in at the pier. I am using a c-tug cart with the sand extensions. The cart is great in the parking lot and on most sand but it is still a beast when it gets real soft. Then again, it went much better on the way out after I made one trip to the car with my cooler, anchor and other heavy gear.

I went out two the end of the pier and began jigging around the old pilings with another rod rigged high low with clam. I managed to pull my gulp from at least two fish before they could find the hook. I had better luck on the north side of the pilings. I began hooking into a lot of croaker, most over 8". I had a third rod out at this point with a bucktail and gulp in the flush mount behind my seat. It did not catch a thing but it did hang up perfectly. Snagging at a point where it kept me right outside of the pilings and just in the shade of a tall one. I stayed there and kept playing with the croaker. After awhile the bite slowed and another kayaker paddled by. He lost about a dozen gulp tails while trying to find flounder on the west side of the pier. Fortunately, I am great luck for other anglers and he immediately pulled in a 17 3/4" flounder about 10 ft past were I sat hung up. I took a pic for him and told him I would be posting in on the site. I always want to see more posts. That was about the end of my day and I headed back in so I could drive an hour home to trim hedges.

100_2558.jpg100_2563.jpg
    Ride 135 Green
    Big Tuna Orange
    12ft Bote HD
    Outback Blue with Orange Deck
Working...
X