Pohick Bass and 35" Snakehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pohick Bass and 35" Snakehead

Well I don't visit forums very often anymore, and actually this wasn't from my kayak this time, but it's worth a share. Launched my buddies new bass boat today out of Pohick and pointed him to my usual spots up Pohick creek. The LMB fishing was excellent. Good fish on top water and senko's all day long. Late morning I saw a string of bubbles about 5-6 ft. off the shoreline so I lobbed a senko well in front of them. The senko was struck immediately and then the fish just sat on the bottom. It felt like I hooked a big snapping turtle or something so we turned the boat towards my new anchor. As we got closer it became aggressive, rolling around and making runs. Because of the rolling technique, my second guess was a big cat. However I was wrong. On a small bass rod and 8lb mono I landed this pig. It measured 35" and came in at over 13 lbs. I've caught snakeheads before but this one put up the weirdest fight. Great day on the water.snakehead2.jpgsnakehead1.jpgsnakehead3.jpg
    Oh and good talking to the kayak fisherman on the red Jackson (I think that was the brand) kayak.

Wow! Very nice!
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Beast of a snakehead

Comment

Wow.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X