Summer smallmouth action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer smallmouth action

17" chunk on a campground teaser, KP series, on an 1/8oz owner tube jig in about 8ft of water, super slow lifts off the bottom, caught at 12:30pm....was a bit toasty by then

FYI....for those of you curious about upper potomac smallmouth fishing you need to check out Ken Penrod's books - http://www.penrodsguides.com/books.htm
    Attached Files

Just out of curiosity, where abouts were you? Outstanding catch by the way.

Comment

For those of you curious about Potomac Smallmourh fishing you should come to the Meet and Greet on Aug. 17th at Brunswick Md.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Thanks, this one was from river bend. But great fishing spots all the way up the potomac

Comment

Nice one !! Fished that section for the first time last month. How was the grass ? Drove down to the river expecting to see grass everywhere like last year . Didn't see any , at least not on the surface.
          John

Wilderness Tarpon

Comment

That Riverbend stretch is nice. I like to fish from Swains Lock across the river not to far from Riverbend. Some day I'm going to try somewhere inside I495 bridge around Lock 8 or so. Never tried down that way.
            Hurricane Skimmer 128
            WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Grass is almost nonexistent compared to last year. Tubes and crawfish patterns seem to be a lot more productive this year compared to last years weightless flukes around the grass

Comment

Working...
              X