Hollins Ferry 7/16&17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollins Ferry 7/16&17

Fished the Hollins Ferry pond the last 2 nights. Yesterday was my best day there yet. Around 10 bass landed from 13-20 inches. Senko's around wood ruled the day. A friend came with me and picked up a few channel cats on cut bait. Water was like a bath tub and visibility was around 2 feet. Landed the 20 incher and was just about to take a photo when he flopped off the hawg trough and back in the water :/

Went back this evening hoping to replicate last nights results. No such luck. One 15incher kept me from smelling the skunk. Still a nice night on the water

Oh sure, the old "flipped off the hawg trough" sort of thing. Glad you had a good day. Sometimes a good freshwater trip is a good break from the whole bay and coastal thing.

Comment

Very nice fish, where's the access. I know Hollins Ferry rd, but not that stretch of water?
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Good looking largemouths! Nice job!

I swear the big ones know exactly when to make a break for it. My best last season was calm as can be, right up until I was about the snap the perfect hawg trough picture, then with one mighty flip of the tail she was gone!
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
          Very nice fish, where's the access. I know Hollins Ferry rd, but not that stretch of water?
          Hollins Ferry Rd and Halethorpe Farms Rd. Take a left on Halethorpe Farms if coming from 695, theres a gate to Patapsco State Park next to the food bank. Couple hundred yards on a gravel trail under 895 to a couple muddy ponds. Fishing is hit or miss but those are the best LM I've managed there so far. One spot behind the bushes next to the RR tracks to park or up the street a ways in one of the parking lots. Park next to the corner office and they will have you towed.

Comment

Nice, how's the grass in there? Im going to make it over there one of these days since its so close by.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              Nice, how's the grass in there? Im going to make it over there one of these days since its so close by.
              No grass that I've seen and only a little spatterdock in shallow water

Comment

Working...
              X