Mallows Bay 7/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallows Bay 7/14

Fished Mallows Bay on Sunday from about 11-8. Hot humid and calm. Really could have used a little wind or cloud cover. Fished topwater and soft plastics around the ships, back in the creeks and everywhere else. Water was crystal clear back in the creeks and about 3 feet around the ships. Crazy clear in my experience. Last few times have been closer to 6 inches. Spotted a few snakeheads cruising around but could only manage one bite that came unbuttoned. Saw plenty of bass and landed a dozen or so but nothing bigger than 15 inches. Fun day with a few more scratches added to the yak and a few fish landed.

Nice! I'm hoping to explore this place sometime soon. Were they hitting topwater during the day or was that towards the evening?
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
      Were they hitting topwater during the day or was that towards the evening?
      They weren't hitting topwater at all really.. I had one snakehead blow up a frog that came unbuttoned and that was it in probably an hour + of throwing topwater. Usually I'll pick up a few bass and a snakehead or 2 on the top but between the fishing pressure (8 bass boats there at one point) the blue bird skies, clear water and whatever else the fish were pretty skittish. Had to finese most of my bites.

Comment

Thx for the report... When the tide is moving is when I have best luck w/topwater snakehead action...but true, sometimes they dont care to strike at all.

Comment

Working...
        X