Anyone Fishing tomorrow 7/14 close by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Fishing tomorrow 7/14 close by

I am finally in VA from MO and was itching to get fishing, so today I went to Smith Lake on Quantico Marine Base, but that was a bust there must not be fish in that lake!

Yesterday I fished on Ft. Belvoir Accotink Bay Wildlife Refuge but no such luck cause the water was very muddy, is the water always that way? And the last place I fished was at the Occoquan Regional Park where I caught one lame Bluegill.

So I want to get out tomorrow and fish but I don't know of good places since I'm limited to only shore fishing since I have no Kayak and I am sure everyone has a kayak on this forum, unless someone has an extra kayak and could show me some hot spots that be great!
    I fish everyday that ends in "Y"

It rained a lot yesterday. That's why the water looked like chocolate. Give it a couple of rainless days and you will see the difference. You may want to consider a kayak if you really want to catch something around the Potomac.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieru View Post
      It rained a lot yesterday. That's why the water looked like chocolate. Give it a couple of rainless days and you will see the difference. You may want to consider a kayak if you really want to catch something around the Potomac.
      O I know a kayak is the first thing on my list once pay day comes around again!
      I fish everyday that ends in "Y"

Comment

Good to hear. You will enjoy fishing around here more when you get a kayak. Maybe we run into each other out there.

Comment

Yea Nate, once you get off the shore. It's a lot better. I fished Accotink before inside the creek, it has a lot of bass but not so many snakehead. It's a nice place to fish, just not for me.

Aquia landing beach park is a long drive but the place is pretty good for shoreline fishing and usually pack on the weekend. Bring top water bait since the vegetation is very thick, very good for bass/snakehead
          Last edited by Snakehead Hunter; 07-13-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Until you get your yak, the best bets are smaller rivers during the heat of the summer. It's been a few years, but I used to enjoy the Rappahannock. Nothing large in the upper reaches, but nice country and a beautiful river. Toss on some shorts and tevas and start wading. http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing...0&section=maps.

Comment

Working...
            X