Non-Kayak Multi-Species Evening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Kayak Multi-Species Evening.

I took a 13 minute hike through the humid air an hour before sunset to visit the local river. When I arrived there was a ghostly fog hovering over the running water. Fishing was not great, but there was some action. I was throwing an old small rapala floating minnow and also an orange and yellow blue fox spinner. Initially I had several fish take a swipe at the spinner, they appeared to be brown trout. I switched over to the rapala and had another brown trout strike but come off. After coming off the trout made several wild jumps to show me how big it was. Moved to another spot and caught a small crappie on the rapala. Then caught what I think was a small brook trout. The brook trout was a new species for me. As the sun set I noticed some occasional surface activity that appeared to be more brook trout jumping and feeding. I ended the trip with a small bluegill on the spinner. It was a relaxing way to spend the evening and some good exercise. Plus the added bonus of a new species caught.

Nice! Congrats on the new species as well. I enjoy river fishing for the scenery and peacefulness.

Comment

Nice! I've only caught a handful of brook trout in my trout fishing career and they definitely make up for their small size with a good fight and beautiful markings
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That's great to still find trout this time of year. If you don't mind, what river are you you referring to? Brook trout by far are the best looking and tasting of the trout family that isn't protected. Not the smartest trout either in comparison to a German brown.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Working...
        X