Myrtle Beach SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrtle Beach SC

I have a week of family vacation coming up at the end of the month- I am planning on a kayak trip or two. Staying at the north end of Myrtle Beach...anyone been there ; done that? Suggestions, fishing locations? One local kayak rental place 15 miles from Myrtle Beach uses Jackson Coosa kayaks for their guided fishing trips. Black River Outfitters has a four hour guided trip for $125.00...and $30.00 a day rentals...figure to take the guided trip then rent a yak for a few days- My three travel rods will do for this- One spinning outfit, two low profile baitcasters- that way if my 12 year old Daughter Laura wants to go she has the novice outfit of a spinning combo- I would never, ever give a novice fisherman a baitcaster to use-
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-10-2013, 09:53 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I have reserved a four hour guided fishing trip on the 30th- I will post pictures, write up a report when we go-

Comment

Good luck. I have only fished Murrells Inlet off the jetty. That place holds fish though and its kayak friendly from what I last remember.
      Hobie Outback
      WS Tarpon
      IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

I dont plan on fishing but I will be down there from August 1st-5th. The wife said she doesnt mind if I go but just havent planned on it. Let me know how your trip goes.

Comment

Will do- we are headed out this morning for South Carolina- The drive was tough- I-95 had three wrecks in NC that took a long time to get past- eight and and half hours of bumper to bumper traffic to get here- our Condo is really nice- 10th floor overlooking the ocean- pricey, but nice. Spent an hour last evening surf fishing catching croakers- saw one big ass flounder caught- probable 25 inches or better- eight to ten pounds- boy, was I eat up with envy- going back out for a couple of hours this am before all the beach goers hit the suds-. I have my kayak fishing charter Tuesday morning, so I am looking forward to that-
          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-29-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Met up with guide Mike Eady this morning at Pawley's Island- We launched with a party of four other kayakers as the tide was starting to move- I was the only experienced kayak fisherman in the group, so Mike suggested his friend Jonathan (Jon) and I hang together and fish lures- the launch area was shallow, creeks with big clusters of sharp oyster beds- the redfish and speckled trout were feeding on finger mullet- we were in Jackson Coosa, Ocean Prowlers, and Mad River Kayaks- the paddling was easygoing with the current to the inlet and some deep sloughs with broad flats. The fish were hitting live mullet that Mike caught in cast nets on a fish finder rig with a small egg sinker- I fished mostly redfish magic spinner with salt and pepper Sea Assassin body- caught a few nice speckled trout and several redfish- one of the others in our party caught a three foot bonnet shark that gave a good fight- when I get back, I'll upload

pictures
            Last edited by ronaultmtd; 08-02-2013, 05:36 AM.

Comment

sounds like a fun time in a great place
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
              X