Chsp 7/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chsp 7/5

Arrived about 10 pm. jigged the pier lights til' about midnight. Live lined with spot and hooked into the 17" 5 minutes later. Caught the 19.5" about an hour after that. It was the out tide. Out of the water by 3:30 am to get some breakfast. Not much action for us in the am, but a few others were out there that have their own catches to share. Flounders.jpg
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Was wondering when you were going out there. Anyway, nice. Did you catch the 19.5 fish on spot too?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      Was wondering when you were going out there. Anyway, nice. Did you catch the 19.5 fish on spot too?
      Yeah. Both of them were on spot. I had a couple minnows, but there were no hits on the minnows. I cut up a dead spot I had but the croakers were the only ones that paid attention to that.
      The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Hmmmm.....interesting. I used minnows last weekend and got a lot of hits at RI. Landed four flatties, but all were short. Maybe spot is the ticket. Did you catch or buy the spot? Maybe next time I'll try spot, after all, stripers love them too.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

"If you want to target large flounder, there is no better bait than live spot. Your catch rates will go down but your box will have big fish in it!”

-Sue Foster
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I actually caught 1 or 2 spot with a cast net near the shore. The ones caught on hook and fish bites were all bigger than what wanted to use for bait. This is at CHSP. if you cross over the bay bridge to get to delaware what I did was stop at matapeake and throw my cast net there to catch small spot. The best time to catch them is at night cause they come in closer to shore and cluster. Higher catch rate.

Comment

There is another place where you can go to catch small spot, mullet, and bunker perfect for LL. If you go from OC to CHSP it is on the way but not from the other way.

Anyway there is a little area off of coastal highway (New Rd) where I cast net while I'm down there. You need a state park pass to get in or pay the fee though, but can't remember the price.

dson05,
              When you fish for flounder at CHSP do you drift by the lights or do you anchor and jig?
              Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Nice flatties. Finally good to see some decent reports on flounders.
                Hobie Outback
                WS Tarpon
                IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
                  There is another place where you can go to catch small spot, mullet, and bunker perfect for LL. If you go from OC to CHSP it is on the way but not from the other way.

Anyway there is a little area off of coastal highway (New Rd) where I cast net while I'm down there. You need a state park pass to get in or pay the fee though, but can't remember the price.

dson05,
                  When you fish for flounder at CHSP do you drift by the lights or do you anchor and jig?
                  What I did was anchor where I saw some dips on the bottom near the lights. I casted up current and let my line drift down through my target area. I used 1 oz egg sinkers set up like a fish finder rig.

Comment

Working...
                  X