Upper Potomac Photo Report - 7/6/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Potomac Photo Report - 7/6/13

Took a rookie co-worker to the Upper Potomac today. We launched at 7AM and finished fishing around 10:30AM. Once the sun came up it got really hot and humid. We each caught 7 or 8 fish and lost just as many before landing them. I caught two early on a topwater minnow plug. Then the rest of mine all came on a tube. My friend caught them on a Rebel Crayfish lure, beetle spin with a 4 inch grub, and a topwater popper. No big fish today. All were 12 inches or less. I did hook up with a decent sized channel catfish that ate my tube at a fallen tree, but the catfish came unbuttoned. Also lost a bigger fish due to using a light action rod. I will be using a medium action rod from now on for smallie fishing on the Potomac.

Also posted a few photos of my new kayak seat. The internal plastic backrest support on my Native Manta Ray cracked in several places. I ordered a TravelChair designed for canoes. I was able to strap it into the Manta Ray and it was very comfortable today and a great improvement over the broken seat back.

Last edited by DanMarino; 02-26-2014, 10:35 AM.

Nice, looks like you had a decent trip. I was out on the upper potomac today as well, with a friend. We each caught about 7 or 8 and lost a bunch as well. All our fish were similar sized, but I did manage one 14"er. We put in at edwards ferry. Where'd you go from?

Comment

Tom, glad you guys had a great time and had some good action...the seat looks like it'll be pretty comfortable. Hope to get out on the upper potomac with you soon.

Wedge
      John

Cuda 12
      F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Point of Rocks

We were up near Point of Rocks. I had never been there before. It had a very nice parking lot and ramp. Wedge, let me know when you get a free Saturday.

Comment

Hit the Potomac yesterday as well. Perfect evening fishing conditions. Hot, humid and fish going nuts after things on the surface. Caught 6 smallmouths but nothing huge. They were good size tho..all in the 10-14" range. Anchored and tried my luck at some cats. Landed three. Largest one was 3lb 6oz.

Put in at Snyders Landing, a bit further north than Point of Rocks. No pics of fish but an awesome sunset on the river.

20130708_202039.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X