• Upper Potomac Photo Report - Topwater and Tubes

Nice healthy looking fish there.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Nice Job Tom!
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Great report Tom, looking forward to hitting the upper Potomac with you in the near future.
        John

Cuda 12
        F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Wedge, I'm off work on Thursday and Friday of this week and going to be fishing both days with Jr. if he doesn't lose all our paddles before then. You're welcome to tag along if the river conditions stay good.

Comment

New Favorite Topwater Lure

I am now a believer in Lucky Craft lures.

I've had little success with the Pointer 78 suspending jerk bait, but for Christmas my wife got me a Lucky Craft Waketail. It is like a Lucky Craft Sammy walk the dog lure, but with a spinning torpedo prop on the back end.

I caught an Upper Potomac largemouth on it right away and that 16 inch smallie killed the thing as it buzzed and popped behind a ledge. Another big smalie ate it later in the day, but came off. I'm a believer for sure and will be buying another 5 or 10 of these. I imagine that it will fish even better in clear water.

Comment

It's like an advanced torpedo... I almost bought one not too long ago.. Thanks I think I'm sold now... Nice work.. How's the river up your way? I fished riverbend Friday and it was still a good bit stained

Comment

The luckycraft 100sp "blue crack" out produced all my xraps on the susky flats this year. It was the perfect trolling lure, who knew. I am having a tough time fishing suspending jerkbaits in my kayak. When I was fishing smithwick rouges, I would always point my rod tip towards the water when I was quick ripping the bait and pausing. Sitting in the kayak, my rod tip is parallel at most to the water and I am afraid that is raising the bait out of the targeted water column. Maybe I am just over thinking!

By the way, I was looking for your son's paddle leash in the pics, LOL
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

We were not far from you camelbird. Water was stained and fishing good.

Comment

Working...
                  X